Golfers Thread

Gaz

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye. Head down and start winning majors again. Go complete the grand slam 

Aye, you think he'll do it eventually ?

Stepping away from the golf politics for a bit I am partaking in the Longest Golf Day challenge in support of MacMillan Cancer Support. If you can please donate. I’m not going to leave the link on the post but if you do fancy donating a couple of quid then please drop me a message and il send you the link. 

IMG_7042.jpeg

Edited by lichtie23

36 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Stepping away from the golf politics for a bit I am partaking in the Longest Golf Day challenge in support of MacMillan Cancer Support. If you can please donate. I’m not going to leave the link on the post but if you do fancy donating a couple of quid then please drop me a message and il send you the link. 

IMG_7042.jpeg

I did this a few years ago. 54 holes in one day, a lot of tired shots in the last 9 holes that day.

Do you have a date ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/10/saudi-arabia-golf-takeover-strategy

"It’s not often that a multi-millionaire sports star is a pawn in a global power play, but that was the situation Rory McIlroy found himself in last week. The Northern Irishman, currently ranked the third best golfer in the world, was having to explain how he felt after his long campaign to hold out against a disruptive Saudi Arabian competition had ended with the Gulf state sharing control over the entirety of his sport."

Never mind the Saudis, never mind Rory, never mind sportswashing… I’ve got a Seniors Singles Matchplay tie on Thursday at 16.30. Win it, and I’m in the quarter finals. Quite why Sky Sports aren’t showing it, or Rolex sponsoring it for an hour, is frankly beyond me. 😎

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Never mind the Saudis, never mind Rory, never mind sportswashing… I’ve got a Seniors Singles Matchplay tie on Thursday at 16.30. Win it, and I’m in the quarter finals. Quite why Sky Sports aren’t showing it, or Rolex sponsoring it for an hour, is frankly beyond me. 😎

Hopefully I was one of the featured groups today, as the world would have witnessed my glorious up and down on 17.

The fact that it was for double bogey is of no concern to anyone.

10 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Got into the final 8 of the doubles tournament at my course today.

It was greensomes alternate shot and twice we were 3 down and won it 1up.

That's the first competitive game I've ever won. Genuinely buzzing, what a loser 😆 

Losers don't come from 3 down twice 👍

10 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Got into the final 8 of the doubles tournament at my course today.

It was greensomes alternate shot and twice we were 3 down and won it 1up.

That's the first competitive game I've ever won. Genuinely buzzing, what a loser 😆 

I (and my playing partner obviously) won the doubles comp at our club last season. 4 rounds to get through to the final. We were 2 down with 3 to play inn round 1 and rattled off 3 holes to win 1up. It’s funny when you look back after winning and seeing just how close you were to going out 

Tied 5th finish for Richie Ramsay at the Scandinavian Mixed event, but he'll be disappointed to only shoot -1 on Sunday. 

Dale Whitnell had a couple of wobbles but kept bouncing back every time he dropped a shot and won by 3 in the end.

Edited by peasy23

17 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Tied 5th finish for Richie Ramsay at the Scandinavian Mixed event, but he'll be disappointed to only shoot -1 on Sunday. 

Dale Whitnell had a couple of wobbles but kept bouncing back every time he dropped a shot and won by 3 in the end.

I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the 'party hole'. 

An innovation I hope is quietly dropped. 

Oooft indeed. A 290 yard Par 3? At that sort of yardage I much prefer this… The short Par 4s, back-to-back of Kirky’s 3rd & 4th holes. I was a baw’ hair away from driving the 3rd green two days ago in the dry conditions. Straight as a die and missed the five bunkers guarding the green. Was about six feet short… one day. I’ll drive it one day. Two nice wee holes that lull you into a false sense of security before the 5th, 6th & 7th bite yer’ arse. 😎

F71EE19D-EE3A-4DA0-8E8C-DF4163E0D41A.jpeg

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Ooft.

FB_IMG_1686503201526.jpg

There's another par 3 there that can play only 80 if they want.

Anything less than 300 should be a par 3 for these guys now anyway.