Golfers Thread

Gaz

11 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

I get all of that, there is just something about him I don't take to (don't know what it is). I was happy for him when he won it.

The fact he always says "we" irritates me more than it should. Some effort from him today though. 

Sunny and windy for day 2 going by the forecast with gusts up to 20 mph with the morning looking like the easiest conditions 

I hope Hojgaard/Pavon finish there round off well and at some point Scottie who is a AI robot has a wobble .He is superb but it's just so boringly good 

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s got to the stage where I wake up in the morning and check the leaderboard to see who might be able to beat Scheffler. The guy is absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, same. The answer is probably no-one over 4 rounds, he's relentless.  It'll be a sad state of affairs if he's 4 shots or more ahead going into the final round, meaning what should be an exciting Sunday night's viewing will be smothered in boredom before it even starts, and switched off way before the end. 

Almost wanting Bryson to contend here, that's how desperate this is. I'd rather he won than Scheffler tbh. It's a shame Willy Z fell back on the last two holes last night. Maybe one of the H-Boys - Hojgaard, Homa or Hatton - can do us a turn 😬  I fancied Niemann beforehand and he's made a quiet but decent start.  Already 4 behind SS tho...

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jason Day’s choice of outfit today is even worse than yesterday. That vest thing he’s wearing is absolutely honkin’.

Looks like he is on the set of happy days 

Speith quadruple there

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jason Day’s choice of outfit today is even worse than yesterday. That vest thing he’s wearing is absolutely honkin’.

Surprised he hasn't been dragged away by a mob of old men in green blazers.