Golfers Thread

Gaz

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Club golfer is hitting 200 round here. Finding it an enjoyable watch. How you're meant to hold these greens is anyone's guess. 

Schaufelle on in 2 on a 620 yarder is obscene

I think the restoration of the waste areas as per the original design is fantastic, but the greens are a bawhair away from getting out the windmill and the clowns head for me. If it stays dry and windy they might get there by the weekend.

Edited by peasy23

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

I think the restoration of the waste areas as per the original design is fantastic, but the greens are a bawhair away from getting out the windmill and the clowns head for me. If it stays dry and windy they might get there by the weekend.

One of the commentators was saying earlier about the weather, and said the only moisture he wants to see on these greens is players tears 🤣

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One of the commentators was saying earlier about the weather, and said the only moisture he wants to see on these greens is players tears 🤣

That was Radar, heard that myself. I'm all for bad shots being punished, but good shots are getting punished too, sometimes only 4 or 5 feet away from landing in the perfect spot.

Piece of piss. I’d shoot 45 out and 45 back at this Pinehurst place no problem. Perfectly level tees, billiard green fairways, no ending up in some kunt’s unrepaired divots here. Smooth as silk greens and perfectly raked sand? Hardly Barshaw Park Municipal in Paisley, is it. Can’t see any chunts throwing White Lightning cans and running on to nick yer’ Penfold Commandos here… in fact, I’d be out in 45 and back in 40 on this ‘track’ (fcuking shoot me for even using that word in jest)…

Easy. No probs’. 😎

Time for a beer.

Edited by pozbaird

A great round from Rory tbf.

Played pretty much like that last round at St Andrews a couple of years ago. It was the wrong tactics then, but the right approach today.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Wondered about Pinehurst No. 1 seeing as the US Open is always at No. 2. Found out there are 189 holes across 11 courses at the "Pinehurst resort" and an 18 hole putting green. Jesus

https://www.pinehurst.com/golf/courses/cradle-short-course/

Pinehurst is my bucket list course, spoke to the wife, shes always wanted to visit the Carolinas and thinking about going as part of a trip for our 40th’s in a few years, a stop at Pinehurst has been suggested and not knocked back, this is my absolute dream. Possibly gonna play some golf at Cabot Citrus Farm in Florida next month which has that ‘waste area’ feel/look similar to Pinehurst. 

Had to nip in to town to pick up SWMBO, Bob was +2 when I left. Delighted to see he got it back to par.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

I like seeing them suffer tbh. Scheffler over par when it's not a drive and putt course like it is 51 weeks of the year

This. 100%.

From The Guardian - Let’s delve into Scheffler’s stats. What’s not working for the World No 1? Here are his live Strokes Gained rankings:
Off The Tee: 96th
Approach: 45th
Short Game: 20th
Putting: 116th
Not great and add that to him hitting just five fairways out of 11 and he’s doing well to be no worse that +1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grant Forrest going to need a miracle tomorrow to make the cut.

Viktor needs a miracle, divine intervention and the second coming of The Holy Ghost.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen