Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

A shite anti climatic back 9 for everyone apart from Xander.

Fucking booo.

I was saying Sam Boo-urns

It was an outstanding round tbf and he's gone from someone who looked like he was going to be a nearly man to arguably the most likely to complete the grand slam out of anyone currently playing given his Masters and US Open records.

Anyone who keeps Patrick Cantlay as a close friend must be viewed with some suspicion, but that's an incredible round from Xander. I'm a bit gutted as I would've loved Rose to win it and he put in a round worthy of winning it, but still not enough, which says everything about Schauffeles round. 

Just now, peasy23 said:

I get Schauffele isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm struggling to see how a bogey free 65 to win is dull tbh.

I think it's the person not the golf tbh.

I like Scheffler which will definitely not be popular but purely because he's unorthodox.

48 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Didn't even reach the ladies tee 

warnock.png.f00b7b75ecdbc62a980b6e9dee6b85df.png

Did he comply with the rule?

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Next big event is the Olympics, and today's winner is the defending champion; the runner-up was the previous gold medallist

Nice facts m8.

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I get Schauffele isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm struggling to see how a bogey free 65 to win is dull tbh.

It isn't. Anyone moaning about how dull Schauffele, Scheffler are either doesn't really appreciate golf or is an attention seeker.

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Scheffler or Schauffle shooting a 57 would still be dull to me. Just can't take to them as people

What sh*te.

His golf is electric at times (as it was today) but what makes xander dull to me is his overall demeanour. He’s so robotic. What I love about Spieth is his eccentricities such as talking furiously to the ball and his amusing interactions with Greller

Was a good Open, and was shaping up to be a great final round - right up to the point where Xander reached -8. That was the end of any chance of a nail biting finish. I don’t think Xander is a dullard college-raised robot Yank. Seems a decent bloke. The Yanks might indeed have some dullards, God botherers, or outright fannies like Patrick Reed, but hey, we’ve got big happy chops Hatton.

Some round of golf, but I wanted a nail biting finish. Booo! 

Less exciting than had looked likely, but fair play to him - a tremendous round.

There were a couple of holes in the back 9 when Schauffele sank good putts while Rose missed similar ones.  It was enough to make the difference.

It was a good Open, even if it felt slightly flat at the very end.

Xander signed absolutely everything after his practice round on Monday unlike his playing partners therefore he’s a good guy. 

Wonder if this will be worth anything one day…

IMG_2156.jpeg