Golfers Thread

Gaz

He was toying with us with that putt and what a good feeling it is to witness a wonderful win after such spurting misery. 

I'm what only can be described as really chuffed for Bob

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Well thank Goodness you got that wrong.

Well Done Bob and Thanks for the £380 from Laddies.

And it wouldn't have happened without getting that drop, huge bit of luck.

Just now, dave_binos said:

Still played an incredible shot and made the putt.

Definitely, fair play to him, but if he wasn't Scottish we would all be calling bullshit on that drop. Delighted he won, thought the putt on the last was just going to run out of steam.

Buzzing for Bob, shot on 16 was outrageous and Putt on 18 to win was clutch. 
lot of hate on Twitter for the drop he got. You need a bit of luck and rules of golf are exploited all the time. 

woods got a bunch of fans to lift a boulder out the way of his ball one tournament. 

I thought he had missed his chance with that birdie putt at the start of the back 9, can’t remember what hole it was but that putt on 14, the second on 16 and the putt at the last were outstanding.

He seems like a thoroughly decent chap who can’t quite believe himself what he is doing. Delighted for him.

Lets do it all again next week.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Aberg looking like a clapped out Volvo now.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Ludvig shooting 2 or 3 over today certainly wasn't on my bingo card.

Just seen a tweet that the last time Äberg broke 70 on a Sunday was at the Masters.

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Definitely, fair play to him, but if he wasn't Scottish we would all be calling bullshit on that drop. Delighted he won, thought the putt on the last was just going to run out of steam.

I’m really not getting the outrage on the drop. If a sprinkler is interfering with your stance why the hell wouldn’t you get a drop? What player on earth wouldn’t take the drop there?

It’s not even a bad rule. Say Bob plays that shot whilst he’s standing on a sprinkler and his foot slips and he flies one over the green. Everyone would be saying the complete opposite. I’d even back the worst c**t on earth (Brooks) if he took the drop there. 

12 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Professional golfers are all jammy, cheating c*nts when it comes to getting relief for f**k all, so Boab was no different to any of them there. In fact he'd would have been idiotic to not claim it.

I'd have claimed that drop in the midweek sweep with a huge, cheesy grin plastered over my coupon, and be boasting about it in the clubhouse later: "lads, you'll never believe it, but there's a sprinkler in the boondai down the right of 16!!!" (before glossing over the fact that I still ran up an 8 despite gaining relief...)