Golfers Thread

Gaz

Followed Bob for a few holes yesterday. He is just kind of like a boy you were at school with.

Liberal use of the f-bomb, bar of chocolate wolfed whilst waiting for the green to clear then hits a fairway wood to 12 feet. Club selection discussion with his caddy prior to a 330 yard drive: "Och aye, it'll be fine. There's hunners of room there."

By the way for anyone attending, getting a Glasgow train away from Troon was a 90 minute wait. Bloody nightmare and that was on a practice day. My tip would be to head out the exit at the far end of the course (around the 9th/10th) and get on at Prestwick Airport.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

59 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

By the way for anyone attending, getting a Glasgow train away from Troon was a 90 minute wait. Bloody nightmare and that was on a practice day. My tip would be to head out the exit at the far end of the course (around the 9th/10th) and get on at Prestwick Airport.

It was horrendous on Wednesday. I gambled this morning and took the Gourock train to Paisley Gilmour St, there was no queue at either station and still standing room on the train to Troon when it came. Might be a good tip for anyone going from Glasgow this week. 

I mostly followed the Hovland/Theegala/Harman group today and came away with a lot more respect for Harman, a couple of 3 putts cost him but some of his iron play was superb and his decision making was much better than the other two. 

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

I’m not sure I’d be blurting it on air if I was a presenter but when I watched some of his practice round the first thing I noticed was that he looked really spaced out and bit unlike himself. He looked a wee bit dead behind the eyes or something. I just don’t know if it’s worth putting himself through it these days, the guy is struggling massively with just walking the course never mind stopping every 10 minutes to hit a shot.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not sure I’d be blurting it on air if I was a presenter but when I watched some of his practice round the first thing I noticed was that he looked really spaced out and bit unlike himself. He looked a wee bit dead behind the eyes or something. I just don’t know if it’s worth putting himself through it these days, the guy is struggling massively with just walking the course never mind stopping every 10 minutes to hit a shot.

I had the same thoughts as Roe tbh but doubt I'd be voicing them in the middle of a live broadcast. Spoke to a Marshall on one of the tees and he said Woods looked spaced out when he came through. One thing noticeable from the pictures I took on Monday is that he was soaking with sweat. It's like watching Andy Murray, you just can't fathom why he bothers when physically he is wrecked. 

20240715_111031.jpg

A lot of Tiger's problems are self-inflicted: continuing to play against doctor's orders when he thought he was invincible. Driving at 85mph in a 45mph zone.

You have to have some sympathy for him though. Still only 48. His quality of life going forward does not look good. Nicklaus made his last Open appearance at the age of 65 and was still in good shape (missed the cut at +3). Hard to imagine what state Woods will be in 10, 15 years down the line.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

A lot of Tiger's problems are self-inflicted: continuing to play against doctor's orders when he thought he was invincible. Driving at 85mph in a 45mph zone.

You have to have some sympathy for him though. Still only 48. His quality of life going forward does not look good. Nicklaus made his last Open appearance at the age of 65 and was still in good shape (missed the cut at +3). Hard to imagine what state Woods will be in 10, 15 years down the line.

Percocets, OxyContin or Vicodin  ??

isa.jpeg.73e674555b1b4778b5832a89c18585a3.jpeg

Lucked out massively with the trains yesterday. Walked straight onto one at each end. Weather was brutal. Sat in the stand at 18 for a few groups and was genuinely fucking baltic. 

Wee Bob's drive at 18 was fucking enormous. Couldn't believe it was him when he walked up to it. 

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Interesting to see that Patrick Cantlay, who “never wears a hat”, is currently on the course wearing a hat

Didn't bother his arse to shout fore when he fucked one into the crowd there aswell. w****r. 

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They need to stop apologising for bad language. 

Part of golf is using the most vile language imaginable at your own failings. Mic them all up, I say. 

My dad plays with someone who swears when he's annoyed and uses Latin Medical terms when he's really annoyed!