Golfers Thread

Gaz

Few pics. Also seen Steven Hendry who plays off of 4 apparently and Darren Gough who went round in 80 yesterday which he says is his best ever score. Michael Vaughan was 2 out the bunker on 9 but can hit the ball a mile. 
E7DD9F0B-F837-4727-A90E-DAB4D311FCBE.thumb.jpeg.ddbde30224b6e5802007d44d24d70d94.jpeg
EF742B17-05C1-40E0-88E7-E82C6C8652BF.thumb.jpeg.e85fe65dc67b5622d3d40ae0847be9ed.jpeg
0F0C46C2-ACA4-405E-BD45-4997FDACFC3D.thumb.jpeg.c33106eff1bf1947b509d4c662d66871.jpeg
Saw both Hendry and Vaughan tee off on the Road Hole live on tv yesterday. Hendry hit a decent shot, but Vaughan absolutely smashed his down the fairway.

It's a few years since I've been to the Dunhill but it's a great chance to see top class golf (and some celebrities) with virtually no crowd. Is it still free entry on Thursdays to Saturdays?

The only downsides are the horrendously slow pace of play and potentially the weather. 

It's a few years since I've been to the Dunhill but it's a great chance to see top class golf (and some celebrities) with virtually no crowd. Is it still free entry on Thursdays to Saturdays?
The only downsides are the horrendously slow pace of play and potentially the weather. 

Aye it’s free until Sunday at St Andrews. I think I read it’s £15 on the final day. You are literally in touching distance of some exceptional golfers

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Aye it’s free until Sunday at St Andrews. I think I read it’s £15 on the final day. You are literally in touching distance of some exceptional golfers

Pretty sure that's what I paid years ago the one time I went on Sunday. Captain diddy himself, Padraig Harrington, won in a play off that year. 

It really is excellent value. 

Pretty sure that's what I paid years ago the one time I went on Sunday. Captain diddy himself, Padraig Harrington, won in a play off that year. 
It really is excellent value. 

It would be much more pleasant in august/September but it is what it is. Iv seen Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau in the past at Carnoustie in the dunhill. Literally 3 feet away from the greatest players in the world just now. What I remember about DJ is that he spat before every shot. Seen Brooks in a restaurant after his round as well in Carnoustie.

I propose a P&B golf day out to the dunhill next year. Make it a Friday so we can watch some world class golf then go and enjoy a few refreshments while reminiscing about Supras and whoever the moron was they called Augusta a “clown course”

Micheal Douglas and Samuel l  Jackson used to be regulars and we're always really friendly when out n about in the boozers around Carnoustie.Theres quite a few stories of some very late night drinking 

55 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I propose a P&B golf day out to the dunhill next year. Make it a Friday so we can watch some world class golf then go and enjoy a few refreshments while reminiscing about Supras and whoever the moron was they called Augusta a “clown course”

Sign me up. 

Micheal Douglas and Samuel l  Jackson used to be regulars and we're always really friendly when out n about in the boozers around Carnoustie.Theres quite a few stories of some very late night drinking 
I remember Hugh Grant being in the news for ending up at a student party years ago.

Watched the Seve documentary, I've got a Samsung TV and it turned out the Rakuten TV app was already on it and I could watch it without registering

Very good watch, even two Yanks who I hated in Azinger and Lehman came across well. Biggest surprise though was Langer of all people booting me right in the feels. Some b*****d cutting onions near me a few times.