Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s actually grown on me after listening to him on podcasts and various interviews. 

I don't mind him when he's interviewed, he always seems to come across well enough to me, but he's a nightmare on course, which let's face it, is where we all see him. 

**Fantasy Golf League Week 6**

20220213_204004.thumb.jpg.e0a85db7dd242c81c94b0f1fe8b3071c.jpg

it was the chest of times, it was the worst of times

A rather rowdy Waste Management Phoenix Open ended with Scottie Scheffler defeating Patrick Cantley in a play off to secure his first tour title.

Ryan 'the desert' Fox won in the UAE, but oor Boab was the only Fantasy League points scorer on a poor leader board.

Standings 

Good week

Loads of teams have Scheffler, including @peasy23 who used one of his free bets from his 2nd place finish last year to net himself 125 quid. Nicely done.

35633588_Screenshot_20220215-111735_SkyBet.jpg.59b1ef49e31882430faa2748a1f24db1.jpg

The big winner points wise was @Day of the Lords who also had Pat Cantley and thus secured a bonus to score 210 points and stretch his lead at the top of the overall standings.

th02.png.000431989c35d13ae2652fcc330f742b.png

Bad week

Poor @lichtie23 scored 0 this week.

th05.png.a9da5b06b21b8f96058d7f852a8abd96.png

The Montgomerie 

@Slacker 830

@IrishBhoy 660

@Distant Doonhamer 550

@Central Belt Caley 540

@funky_nomad 530

@die hard doonhamer 520

The Torrance

@Leeds Saint 570

@kilMARKnock 510

@peasy23 470

@lichtie23 430

@alta-pete 400

@Lester Freamon 390

The Lyle 

@Day of the Lords 1030

@Tartan Dave 770

@The Moonster 560

@Caledonian1 550

@MP_MFC 420

@true_rover 390

The Lawrie 

@jagfox OG 720

@J_Stewart 590

@Ro Sham Bo 500

@St. Jude 500

@Honest_Man#1 470

@doulikefish 410

Photos-Riviera-Country-Club.jpg.b51fa794855eef229cb42538fc6c4570.jpg

No DP World Tour for a couple of weeks, but The Genesis Invitational more than makes up for it. The  current world top 10 are all here and there's double points on offer for one of the PGA tour's marquee events.

Riviera6Crop-847-CourtesyJoannDost.thumb.jpg.72f8d4ce644041f85843a52380fafb1f.jpg

Timeless Riviera Country Club is the venue, one of the tightest routings you'll see on tour, 18 holes squeezed into a valley, a number of iconic holes including the 'bunker in the middle of the green' par 3 6th and a wet dream for golf architecture nerds like me. We're a mere drive and wedge away from Sunset Boulevard here as the Fantasy League returns to Hollywood.

dbc9b6b9-a28c-4a5e-89ac-cdf6cb628b24_text.gif.2be7aa7b5bf60db9c71ee1af3289247d.gif

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

When’s the first transfer window?

Wish there was some form of IR for people who definitely aren’t injured because they’ve pushed their body too far.

1st window is the week before the Masters, which is roughly 8 weeks away I think.

Edited by Lester Freamon

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bryson Saudi League rumours picking up pace today. Really don’t like the sound of this, but can’t really blame him for taking the sort of money they are rumoured to be offering, especially if he can still play 3 of the majors.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/17-guys-have-signed-on-for-saudi-league-pga-tour-pro

The big question which this article somehow fails to address is, how will these events/players leaving impact upon our fantasy league?

52 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/17-guys-have-signed-on-for-saudi-league-pga-tour-pro

The big question which this article somehow fails to address is, how will these events/players leaving impact upon our fantasy league?

I've signed a NDA so I'm not at liberty to divulge much information.

I specifically included the Asian Tour this year after it was announced that the European Tour was ditching the Saudi International event and entering the 'strategic partnership' with the PGA, assuming that any additional Saudi stuff would also be Asian Tour sanctioned.

I think this is still the case as this 'breakaway league' isn't feasible at all if the players can't earn OWGR points. It'll be fine for your Brysons and Phils who have years worth of exemptions for majors, but your Jason Kokraks won't be getting those Masters invites when they start plummeting down the rankings.

If it goes ahead and isn't sanctioned by one of the tours, I'd be inclined to just include it in the Fantasy League this year anyway tbh.

On a non Fantasy League / personal level, I don't like it at all, but it seems inevitable.

Rorys interview today was really good about the Saudi golf league

Basically said everyone going there is minted anyway so it won't change there lifestyle 

I'm trying to find a link for it 

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rapaport/status/1493994433267724292?t=1oEKz-b8wcUtIZHz-ahnYA&s=19

Edited by doulikefish

Bryson Saudi League rumours picking up pace today. Really don’t like the sound of this, but can’t really blame him for taking the sort of money they are rumoured to be offering, especially if he can still play 3 of the majors.
Rory has dismissed ot as a pre Champions Tour, with most of the names being linked guys who are well into the latter stages of their career.

Bob MacIntyre has signed for a 67 in the second round at the Genesis and will be safely into the weekend at - 4.

Russell Knox is continuing his decent start to the season and is well up the field at - 7 with a 67 to back up his 68 on day one. Martin Laird is in the early stages of his second round and is also - 4 for the tournament. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bob MacIntyre has signed for a 67 in the second round at the Genesis and will be safely into the weekend at - 4.

Russell Knox is continuing his decent start to the season and is well up the field at - 7 with a 67 to back up his 68 on day one. Martin Laird is in the early stages of his second round and is also - 4 for the tournament. 

Great to see Knox in a good run of form again. He had two eagle 3s and two 2s in his round today. He was one of the featured players in the early coverage today and looked to be hitting it very nicely.