Golfers Thread

Gaz

Up at the driving range today to hit a ball for the first time in about 4 months. First dozen or so balls with the 9 iron I was hitting really clean and was quite happy that I hadn’t regressed as much as I thought I had. A few nice shots with the 7 as well, playing mostly with a nice baby draw.

The driver however was a different story. Duck hooking almost every drive, from someone who last year was slicing the ball from the tee. Absolutely clueless as to what has changed. It did get a tad better when I slowed the swing down slightly, and put more weight onto my back foot, but even the good shots were with a draw/hook ball flight. A couple of lessons before the season starts in order I think. Although if I get it sorted so I’m playing with a slight draw I will be quite happy. 

Getting increasingly pissed off with multi millionaire golfers with no grasp on reality bitching about how the tour that made them extremely rich hasn't made them rich enough. Charley Hoffman ($34 million in prize money) the latest to whine about the PGA Tour not doing enough for the players, while obviously weighing up a Saudi offer. If you want to take the money, just take it and be honest about it.

45 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Getting increasingly pissed off with multi millionaire golfers with no grasp on reality bitching about how the tour that made them extremely rich hasn't made them rich enough. Charley Hoffman ($34 million in prize money) the latest to whine about the PGA Tour not doing enough for the players, while obviously weighing up a Saudi offer. If you want to take the money, just take it and be honest about it.

Bryson and Phil backing him up aswell

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s was carnage……and I absolutely loved it 

7 hours ago, doulikefish said:

That was superb 

Potentially going to come across badly, but I absolutely hated this. I like a Ryder Cup style atmosphere to an extent, but chucking shitloads of pints and cans onto the greens is a step too far for me. I actually despise what American fans want to turn golf into.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Potentially going to come across badly, but I absolutely hated this. I like a Ryder Cup style atmosphere to an extent, but chucking shitloads of pints and cans onto the greens is a step too far for me. I actually despise what American fans want to turn golf into.

Don’t look now mate…..but there been another one 

I can understand the excitement of the fans fans to see a hole in 1 but the reaction there is way too much with all the beer and debris being thrown on and around the green.

Also has to be a nuisance in causing a delay in clearing things up before plY can resume.

The stat about how long it had been between  holes in one there is interesting. 

None in 7 years then all of a sudden 2 in 24 hours that's crazy.