Golfers Thread

Gaz

We had a 2 round competition at our place this weekend (rounds on Saturday and Sunday). On Saturday I carded a nett 68 (-4) to lead the competition and was cut to 5 for the first time. Over the moon.

Next day, 88. Nett 83. What a stupid game this is.

3 cards in for my Handicap at Kings Acre, 94 and 86 from boxes and 96 from medal tees but this included a 10 and an 8 !!

Not received word on handicap yet but I think maybe around the 20 mark???

Was out last night and shot 77 putting for birdie more times that I think ever before, this is 2 days after shooting 96, its a funny old game!

3 cards in for my Handicap at Kings Acre, 94 and 86 from boxes and 96 from medal tees but this included a 10 and an 8 !!

Not received word on handicap yet but I think maybe around the 20 mark???

Was out last night and shot 77 putting for birdie more times that I think ever before, this is 2 days after shooting 96, its a funny old game!

Bandit ;)

Good to hear cowshed. Hope you get on a roll. If anyone is up in Perth and Kinross area and fancies a game, I play at blairgowrie and can get guests on for 15 quid (75 quid without a guest ). Just let me know. Two stunning courses if you haven't played them. Able to play most Sundays right thro to October. Maybe be a good idea to create a new special thread of folk willing to take guys from here round your own course as I love playing new course. If enough interest what you guus think ?

Edited by perthsaint1977

Good to hear cowshed. Hope you get on a roll. If anyone is up in Perth and Kinross area and fancies a game, I play at blairgowrie and can get guests on for 15 quid (75 quid without a guest ). Just let me know. Two stunning courses if you haven't played them. Able to play most Sundays right thro to October. Maybe be a good idea to create a new special thread of folk willing to take guys from here round your own course as I love playing new course. If enough interest what you guus think ?

I'd be happy to sign anyone on to my course in Ayrshire.

I would be very up for this, love playing courses I've never played before. So many courses round here that it could definatley work. I like the idea of a sub forum for organizing this - think it could take off as im sure there could be at least a 4 ball most weekends.

On another note: has anyone played Glenisla and if so got any tips for playing it in a few weeks?

I would be very up for this, love playing courses I've never played before. So many courses round here that it could definatley work. I like the idea of a sub forum for organizing this - think it could take off as im sure there could be at least a 4 ball most weekends.

On another note: has anyone played Glenisla and if so got any tips for playing it in a few weeks?

I played Glenisla a couple of months ago and tbh didn't enjoy it all that much. That may or may not be related to me being destroyed by hayfever and forced to give up after 16.

In all seriousness though, if you hit it straight you'll be fine, but the rough was very thick when i played it so you were punished quite heavily whenever you strayed.