Golfers Thread

Gaz

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nothing worse than when you try and play the percentages and it still all goes to sh!t. 

I had basically lost it going on to the 18th tee, so playing the percentages went out the window and I just stood up, no practice swing and hit my driver. Absolutely flush down the middle of a 500 yard par 5. Then did the same with my next shot, smashed a hybrid right into perfect position, left myself about 80 yards to go.

Decided I better concentrate on my third shot and try to save a slightly more respectable score, thinned a wedge into a bunker, took two shots to get out and three putted to walk off with an 8...  😂

18 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

https://twitter.com/philmickelson/status/1664843020238303251?s=46&t=xEUuTngvzvHQi3mf4Dmx0Q

sometimes you have to put your hands up and enjoy someones trolling

I'm extremely bored of all this shite now. Why can't Phil just get on playing golf on "the best tour" and stop spreading divorced da energy all over Twitter. Just shows money doesn't buy happiness, bitter old leather faced c**t. 

First round of our qualifiers for club championship/75th anniversary trophy this morning.

Started ok including a 2 at the 2nd, but then had a poor run from the 5th to the 9th which saw me turn in 47, 3 over my net par. Don't know what happened after that, but I birdied the tricky 10th then was level par for the back 9 thru the 14th. Finished with a double and 2 bogeys in the last 4 holes. Never thought I would be disappointed with a 39 inward half. 86 for a nett par round of 71.

Round 2 tomorrow, and some sweep money to collect for the 2.

Edited by peasy23

Was one of 6 to tie for lowest score in the medal at Ladybank yesterday, but finished out of the prizemoney in 4th. Two notable things:

1 - I lost on countback by what appears to be Better Last 12 - I have the same handicap as the 3rd-placed player, and we had the same last 9 & 6 scores, & an identical last 3 holes. I can't ever recall seeing that before.

2 - there's a note on Howdidido next to the winner's score saying "No card or electronic signature". I'm struggling to understand why that's not an automatic DQ???

I'm also waiting patiently to find out whether I've qualified for the Club Champs play-offs after another decent round today - I think I've done enough to get in the handicap section, but can't see me being in mix for scratch this year (and that's a right result after a couple of horsings in the last few years!).

23 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Was one of 6 to tie for lowest score in the medal at Ladybank yesterday, but finished out of the prizemoney in 4th. Two notable things:

1 - I lost on countback by what appears to be Better Last 12 - I have the same handicap as the 3rd-placed player, and we had the same last 9 & 6 scores, & an identical last 3 holes. I can't ever recall seeing that before.

2 - there's a note on Howdidido next to the winner's score saying "No card or electronic signature". I'm struggling to understand why that's not an automatic DQ???

I'm also waiting patiently to find out whether I've qualified for the Club Champs play-offs after another decent round today - I think I've done enough to get in the handicap section, but can't see me being in mix for scratch this year (and that's a right result after a couple of horsings in the last few years!).

I fucking despise countback! Screwed me over last week. 

34 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Good to see one of the committee or one of the captains pals having a good round 😉

To elaborate on my previous post, I never usually play 2 days in a row as my back can't really take it, but needs must as it's two out of the three qualifying rounds. After 12 holes this morning I had exactly the same score as yesterday so was looking on for another half decent total. Swung my driver on the 13th tee and bang, back went. Tee shot flew straight left into the hazard area, and could hardly swing after that. 

28 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Good to see one of the committee or one of the captains pals having a good round 😉

The guy plays off 2, so absolutely no reason to not know the basic rule that you need a marker to sign a card either physically or online after a round.

I know the Match & Handicap guys pretty well, so I'll deffo be querying this "rule" with them as they're always whinging about people not registering before teeing off or logging their scores on the PSI after a round.

Managed to play 18 holes today in which my driver was on fire a averaging 250 yards, including driving the green on a 280 yard par four, and not make a single par.

Two birdies, 11 bogeys and five doubles for an 87…