Golfers Thread

Gaz

Think Iona is decent in the commentary box, knows her stuff and is easy on the eye but she was one of the feminists up in arms and very vocal about Tiger giving JT a tampon when he outdrove him. That put me off her a bit

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No.

She does, however, prefer the Solheim Cup to the Ryder Cup

Haha i absolutely figured that! But the way you put that was spectacular, have a charles. Doesnt make my enjoyment any less! Knows her stuff really well and tbh she’d beat me on a golf course any day. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

27 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Think Iona is decent in the commentary box, knows her stuff and is easy on the eye but she was one of the feminists up in arms and very vocal about Tiger giving JT a tampon when he outdrove him. That put me off her a bit

I'd no difficulty with the criticism Tiger got for Tampongate.  Sure it was meant as a joke but was classless nonetheless IMHO.

5 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

No.  Just no.  DeChambeau is a tit of the highest order.  Can’t stand Spieth either.

That is an irrefutable fact.

ETA - First Rd.3 pairing on the course will be Oban Boab and Rickie Fowler at 8.55am.

ETA 2 - The Grauniad on Brian Harman -

"In one of the more bizarre major press conference departures of recent times, the 36-year-old explained his penchant for killing animals. He missed the cut at the Masters and immediately slaughtered a pig and a turkey. “I’ve been a hunter my entire life,” he boasted. “I enjoy the strategy of it. We eat a lot of wild meat at my house so I enjoy butchering and I do a lot of hunting.” Champions traditionally drink from the Claret Jug. One is left to ponder what on earth Harman may do with the famous trophy."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

Something I really should know but how are tee off pairings decided apart from their score?  

55 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Pretty sure it’s in order of when the score was posted. Earliest finish is higher up.

Yes. Bob MacIntyre and Rickie Fowler both on the cut line and finishing late today are out first tomorrow at 0855.

Leaders out at 1530.

If Harman gets through today and maintains a five shot lead, I don’t see him clarting his nappy tomorrow. My hope is that he does clart his breeks today, and for my viewing pleasure tomorrow, we have a bunched field. I’m really hoping he posts a four or five over today, while a ton of guys post one or two under.

Got the crisps in and the beer already in the fridge for that scenario. Popping off now to take part in the Kirkintilloch members & guests. Got a 9am tee time, so hopefully not as slow as a week in jail today. Unlike our recent Open. Three of us chucked it after it took 3hrs 10min to play 11 holes. Anyway, time to go. Big warm up as always…. Get there twenty minutes before tee time, ponder if a last-minute lavvy trip is in order, strap clubs to trolley, hit six practice putts, march to first tee to have three practice swings before attempting to channel my inner McIlroy….

None of that fancy dan professional game proper preparation for me. No sir. 😜

Edited by pozbaird