Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

With the prevalence of US guys in the top 20 of the rankings now, they should sack off the president’s cup, make the Ryder cup an annual event and make it USA v Rest of the world.

USA have won every President’s cup this century bar one tie in 2003 and I fear the Ryder cup is in danger of becoming that much or a procession too. 

Europe have won 11 of the last 16 so Europe v rest of the world it is then 

I just don’t understand the “waggle” and all the pre-tee shot ridiculousness from pros. 
I get on the tee, my first swing is the tee shot. No faffing about. Get up, tee the ball and hit it.

Got me to a single figure handicap back in the early’80s

The Champion Golfer of The Year undeniably.

He brought a career best performance to a major championship week. No one else did this week and many better golfers never did over the years.

On 22/07/2023 at 17:57, J_Stewart said:

I’ve got Harman on at 100/1 (Bob and Hatton not fairing so well) after watching him last week, so all you hoping for an arse collapse can, respectfully, get fucked.

M’on the Bri man

5 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Hopefully Harman meets the American stereotype of being  pish in the wind and the wet

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Really need him to get unlucky and be right up at the face of a bunker and Adolf it a few times.

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

My suspicion is that Harman will indeed make a few errors, but as his scorecard falls from -12 to -9 or something, everyone else seems incapable of gaining ground. I end up shouting at the telly ‘do something somebody, anybodddyyyy,’. Like a man possessed.

3 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

First snotter for Harman. Hopefully a few more to come

3 hours ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Promisingly shite tee shot from Harman there.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Hopefully a really annoying leak in his waterproofs that makes him go radge about the 10 th

IMG_0218.jpeg.b1b20b7c8ce207370c664523a92a5035.jpeg

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Fair play to him. The only player who managed to play the conditions and make putts when it mattered. 

Absolutely this. Also, the fact that he may not be the most charismatic personality on the tour shouldn't detract from his achievment today, his play was top drawer stuff.

Harman was excellent all week, and a well deserved winner.

It's also totally wrong to describe him as a Curtis/Hamilton-type winner. He is a bit of a journeyman, but had finished T19 and then 6th at the last two Opens, and had also previously finished T2 at the 2017 US Open behind Koepka.

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Absolutely this. Also, the fact that he may not be the most charismatic personality on the tour shouldn't detract from his achievment today, his play was top drawer stuff.

It was, but that doesn’t make it a great spectator sport