Darts...

Sideshow

Ryan Searle is a decent bet to reach the final I feel, Rob Cross the only real player in his half that’s on form at the moment.

With the obvious caveat that MVG and Wright can turn it on at any point but neither have had a great year.

Still fancy Price to win it again.

On 08/12/2021 at 14:17, Les Cabbage said:

Ryan Searle is a decent bet to reach the final I feel, Rob Cross the only real player in his half that’s on form at the moment.

With the obvious caveat that MVG and Wright can turn it on at any point but neither have had a great year.

Still fancy Price to win it again.

Searle a great shout. He's having a similar season to Rob Cross when he won it and before that world's I also fancied Cross to do the job.

I don't see Price doing it again at some point the mutant crowd will get to him which he never had to deal with last year.

Wide open though which makes it interesting.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Searle a great shout. He's having a similar season to Rob Cross when he won it and before that world's I also fancied Cross to do the job.

I don't see Price doing it again at some point the mutant crowd will get to him which he never had to deal with last year.

Wide open though which makes it interesting.

Yeah that’s fair, I didn’t consider that, although to be fair I was at the grand slam in 2019 and he didn’t seem to let the abuse he was getting bother him.

Searle is 50/1 with SkyBet at the moment, will definitely be putting on a few outright bets at the start of the tournament next week.

Don't think Price has much chance this year. Too inconsistent and tonight showed as much. Our two big hitters have a real chance if Peter doesn't fanny about with his darts too much and Gary can be arsed. If I was a betting man Johnny Clayton is worth a shout.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Lewis looks like he lives in a bin these days. 

I know I'm getting older but the crowds are more vomit inducing than ever. It's always a tough call when Price is playing as to who is more dislikable. 

It is definitely becoming more of a "night out" with less and less people caring too much for the actual darts.

I find it bewildering the number of people that stand with their back to the darts to sing the same song 40 times a night towards the stands.

Nowt wrong with getting pissed and singing etc, but keep it relevant to the players playing. Think RvB or Gary Anderson playing in Glasgow, for examples of good atmosphere.

Kolo Toure / don't take me home / Scotland get battered on repeat all night isn't generating the atmosphere these people think it is.

A bit like the Mosconi Cup the other week, there appears to be an inability for people going to these events lately to differentiate between generating a good atmosphere and being a dick.

Some of that may be down to people excited at getting back out after Covid stuff, but it was a trend before too.