Rugby Union

kiwififer

Without a doubt an obstruction. We will probably have to beat NZ now. Commentary seems to suggest we have a very strong team out here
Followed it up with a big win over Uruguay. Match v NZ scheduled for 7.52 tonight.

Fair do's the Kings are a limited side but took their chances well. However the Dragons were completely all over the place.

Stayed up till 6am to see my SH team the Rebels beat the Sunwolves. They're the weakest side in Super Rugby but they never went to bed easily so the Rebels had to up a couple of gears in the 2nd half to put them away.

Cheetahs vs Connacht should be a good game. Neither side really affected by the 6N. Cheetahs have only beat Zebre and the Kings away from home. However at home they've only lost to Glasgow. I think that run will continue as it's a tough place to go and Connacht won't be able to live with the Cheetahs speed.

Also, if I may ask for opinions. Cheetahs and Kings both play in massive stadiums but have very poor support. However, it seems to be that the Kings are even less supported so have had to play some home games at smaller grounds. On the stream last night it made a Queen's Park home game at Hampden seem like a sold out Nou Camp...

Edited by come on shire

18 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Fair do's the Kings are a limited side but took their chances well. However the Dragons were completely all over the place.

Stayed up till 6am to see my SH team the Rebels beat the Sunwolves. They're the weakest side in Super Rugby but they never went to bed easily so the Rebels had to up a couple of gears in the 2nd half to put them away.

Cheetahs vs Connacht should be a good game. Neither side really affected by the 6N. Cheetahs have only beat Zebre and the Kings away from home. However at home they've only lost to Glasgow. I think that run will continue as it's a tough place to go and Connacht won't be able to live with the Cheetahs speed.

Also, if I may ask for opinions. Cheetahs and Kings both play in massive stadiums but have very poor support. However, it seems to be that the Kings are even less supported so have had to play some home games at smaller grounds. On the stream last night it made a Queen's Park home game at Hampden seem like a sold out Nou Camp...

I think the crowds are lower than they hoped for, but small crowds in the massive SA stadia aren't unusual.

If you don't believe me, flick on the Bulls-Lions game just now - which is effectively the old Northern Transvaal v Transvaal!

42 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think the crowds are lower than they hoped for, but small crowds in the massive SA stadia aren't unusual.

If you don't believe me, flick on the Bulls-Lions game just now - which is effectively the old Northern Transvaal v Transvaal!

Just caught the end and significant spaces to say the least. However Cheetahs and (especially) the Kings are on a different level lol.

I think they are suffering from having stadiums built for the world cup, plus they were used for Superrugby, which used to get decent crowds but have dwindled recently for all the SA clubs. Pro14 crowds have been a lot worse though than superrugby. I think they hoped they could tap into to fans of other clubs going along as there is no other rugby in the winter but it hasnt worked out 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Scotland lost to the All Blacks at the 7s but did score one of the tries of the tourney, a brilliant team move from deep in their own 22. They play France in the Challenge 1/4 final at 10 past midnight.

Russia not France and we are 10-5 up at HT 

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Getting ahead of myself. 7.44 pm according to the website?

it is 7.44pm/1944 was looking at my paperwork for next and put the wrong time down