Rugby Union

kiwififer

Did Vern choose to go himself or was he shown the door?

Sru chose not to renew his contract. Worry was that toony would be poached by a french or English club....plus our 6n performance under vern has been pretty mediocre. 4th is best he managed before this season. Rwc was a very fortunate draw for us given we were 3rd seeds. Andy nicol whines about it but in a results based business cotter with our best group of players for 25 odd years hasn't really hit the heights that might have been expected. I'd be far more unhappy with losing toony than cotter tbh.

Gonna put the Glasgow game on but doubt I'll stick with it going by recent performances in the league.

Yep 2nd string isn't quite up to it. Osprey wingers pick up for the try was outstanding stuff. Hate to pick on the guy but grayson hart looks miles out of his depth here.

It really does feel like something is happening with the team, rather than the previous false dawns.

It really does. We are genuinely competitive for the first time in years.

I thought were outstanding in the second half yesterday. To dominate a team as good as Wales for a full forty minutes was great to see.

No failures, but special mention to Barclay for stepping up as leader to the extent we didn't miss Laidlaw.

We're expected to hit 5th when the new rankings are published next week. However, I doubt we'll stay there as it'll be a mammoth task to win at Twickers and if we beat Italy they're ranked 14th so we won't get as many points. Should get top 8 though.

The thing with Glasgow is that we're one of the best sides in Europe when at full strength. However, during internationals we've struggled this season as the fixtures have been really tough. However, we have promising youngsters but they need guidance. The able deputies have all since graduated to 1st team. As for the stand-ins at present who are here next season, I'd take Thompson, Junior, Harley and possibly even Flynn. Hopefully Rennie brings in decent southern hemisphere players to guide the youngsters next season and beyond so we can pick up points in Nov, Feb and March. Having said all that the Dragons visit on Sat. Last game during the internationals. We'll be targeting that.