Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Halfpenny won’t play for scarlets on Friday because of a shoulder injury. Bit of a bonus for Glasgow.

I see Lacey is the ref, with Brace and Murphy as assistants. Great.

I see Lacey is the ref, with Brace and Murphy as assistants. Great.
Yep
REFEREE & BROADCAST LISTINGS

Guinness PRO14 Semi-Final | Friday, May 18

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
AR1: Andrew Brace (IRFU)
AR2: Frank Murphy (IRFU)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)

Sky Sports Action: 19:30
BBC ALBA: 19:35
BBC Wales: 19:30
Sky Sports Action is available on Channel 407

Guinness PRO14 Semi-Final | Saturday, May 19

Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby
Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU)
AR1: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
AR2: Craig Evans (WRU)
TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)

Sky Sports Action: 15:00
TG4: 14:50

Guinness PRO14 Champions Cup Play-Off | Sunday, May 20

Ulster Rugby v Ospreys Rugby 
Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR)
AR1: Mike Adamson (SRU)
AR2: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR)
TMO: Andrew McMenemy (SRU)

BBC2 NI: 14:55
S4C: 15:00

4 hours ago, honestly united said:

So Romania, Belgium and Spain all chucked out for fielding ineligble players! ooft

Romania player was Sione Faka'osilea who played for Tonga at one sevens event in 2013 and could only switch if he played sevens for Romania first. 

One of the Belgium players is French born Victor Paquet does not pass World Rugby’s Regulation 8 states that you can only qualify to represent a nation different to that in which you were born if that country is the nation of birth of your parent or grandparent, or you have lived in that country for 36 consecutive months.  As he has a Belgium great grandparent.

The Spanish players I think are French born and played for the French U20 side in games v Wales U20 and as both sides were the official second side that  locked them to France. 

10 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Romania player was Sione Faka'osilea who played for Tonga at one sevens event in 2013 and could only switch if he played sevens for Romania first. 

One of the Belgium players is French born Victor Paquet does not pass World Rugby’s Regulation 8 states that you can only qualify to represent a nation different to that in which you were born if that country is the nation of birth of your parent or grandparent, or you have lived in that country for 36 consecutive months.  As he has a Belgium great grandparent.

The Spanish players I think are French born and played for the French U20 side in games v Wales U20 and as both sides were the official second side that  locked them to France. 

I read the WR report, and seemingly Faka'osilea told the Romania's he hadn't played for Tonga!

The belgiums I think there was a number of players of who had Great Grandparents from Belgium. Spain I think knew the 2 players, although qualified for Spain, were tied to France. I think we  and Wales got off lightly when we got caught out

I read the WR report, and seemingly Faka'osilea told the Romania's he hadn't played for Tonga!
The belgiums I think there was a number of players of who had Great Grandparents from Belgium. Spain I think knew the 2 players, although qualified for Spain, were tied to France. I think we  and Wales got off lightly when we got caught out
I think we both got a fine and the players were "banned" until they qualified through residential grounds.

Yes but we didn't lose out on qualifying for a world cup, and for Belgium are now facing a relegation play off in the REC Vs Portugal, rather than Germany, who instead of facing relegation Vs Portugal are facing them in a WC playoff. Considering how many games Hilton played we got off lightly

16 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Yep
REFEREE & BROADCAST LISTINGS

Guinness PRO14 Semi-Final | Friday, May 18

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
AR1: Andrew Brace (IRFU)
AR2: Frank Murphy (IRFU)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)

Sky Sports Action: 19:30
BBC ALBA: 19:35
BBC Wales: 19:30
Sky Sports Action is available on Channel 407

Guinness PRO14 Semi-Final | Saturday, May 19

Leinster Rugby v Munster Rugby
Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU)
AR1: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
AR2: Craig Evans (WRU)
TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)

Sky Sports Action: 15:00
TG4: 14:50

Guinness PRO14 Champions Cup Play-Off | Sunday, May 20

Ulster Rugby v Ospreys Rugby 
Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR)
AR1: Mike Adamson (SRU)
AR2: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR)
TMO: Andrew McMenemy (SRU)

BBC2 NI: 14:55
S4C: 15:00

Berry for the Leinster-Munster game? Sad it wasn't Nige, but that has equal heads gone potential from the Irish.

No way a tier 1 nation would ever get thrown out.

Granted it would be hard to leave out Kellock or Gray, but you have to have Nakarawa in there 
He will probably have more votes than others but spread out over a number of positions.

Reading the info on the website at full back Hogg had 93% of the vote beating the likes of Berni Stortoni.
Seymour had over 50% of the vote for right wing and DTH over 66% at left wing. Cusiter beat Niko by 1 vote at Scrum half. Dougie Hall was a close second at hooker and Zander beat 21 other players at tight head. Strauss got 49% of the vote at No8 and they don't go into any more detail for the other positions