What Are You Drinking ?

17 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I stumbled upon this stuff - 

2004 Lagunilla Rioja Reserva, Spain, La Rioja, Rioja - CellarTracker

Absolutely glorious. About £10 a bottle from supermarkets here but I (happily) paid £30 in a Madrid restaurant. Reminds me of a good quality Mouton Cadet.

However, when I went to Morrisons this week they didn't have it any more! Going to have to find it somewhere because it's honestly lush. 

I'll look out for it. 

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Nice but that decking needs another coat. 

1. I don’t think it does.

2. Even if it does it’s not getting it.

3. I’m now in the conservatory as the sun lasted about five minutes then it got really cold.

The bottle is still going though...

On 01/05/2020 at 21:03, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes it is excellent value. Enjoy
Back to an old favourite for us.
IMG_2338.jpg

The Bread & Butter is really good, isn't it? Me and Mrs SL just finished the Chardonnay! There's a Majestic delivery of a mixed case of Pinot and Chardonnay getting delivered next week. Well, got to get through this lockdown somehow.

20200502_221301.thumb.jpg.670388d79601c308b23316e3bdec9d5c.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The Bread & Butter is really good, isn't it? Me and Mrs SL just finished the Chardonnay! There's a Majestic delivery of a mixed case of Pinot and Chardonnay getting delivered next week. Well, got to get through this lockdown somehow.

Might give this a try.

Might give this a try.

I don’t drink a lot of white wine but the Bread and Butter Chardonnay is excellent. The Pinot Noir is an absolute favourite in the DD house. Mrs DD views it as a crisis if we don have any.

Why are so many of the beers folk post on this thread in 330ml cans? Is it some hipster fad or is there a logic to it? Last time I lived in Scotland most people (not me) looked down upon beer in cans.
Canning technology has improved massively so the can doesn't spoil the taste of the beer. Lighter to transport, less risk of breakages. No light hitting the beer which could otherwise taint the taste over time. Easier to recycle. Gives a pretty big space to brand as opposed to a tiny label on a bottle.

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Very palatable. £1.29 from Lidl.

20200502_200647.jpg

I bought a case of this yesterday direct from Edinburgh Beer Factory. Made the order at 11:50am and delivered to my door before 3pm (about 25 miles away) for free.

Really good beer that one. Had no idea you could pick it up in Lidl

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I bought a case of this yesterday direct from Edinburgh Beer Factory. Made the order at 11:50am and delivered to my door before 3pm (about 25 miles away) for free.

Really good beer that one. Had no idea you could pick it up in Lidl

It's  part of their Scottish Beer Festival. Probably won't be a permanent stock item.

Whoever on here who first brought this Malbec from Aldi to my attention deserves a vote of thanks from the Danger household.

It will be accompanying duck and roast potatoes this evening.

F1ECAF6A-C83F-4DA0-9BB7-4E58A0A7E556.thumb.jpeg.d4c96c8edb3a7c9f433a9e90cfbaba2c.jpeg