What Are You Drinking ?

A Long Vodka, having found a bottle of angostura bitters whilst digging through the drinks cabinet.

Having looked up the recipe to make sure I remembered it correctly, I never realised that this was an almost exclusively Scottish drink.  I have vague memories of folk putting the bitters in the glass, swirling them around the sides and then pouring it down the sink under the false pretence it was poisonous.  Was that the way of it?

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A Long Vodka, having found a bottle of angostura bitters whilst digging through the drinks cabinet.

Having looked up the recipe to make sure I remembered it correctly, I never realised that this was an almost exclusively Scottish drink.  I have vague memories of folk putting the bitters in the glass, swirling them around the sides and then pouring it down the sink under the false pretence it was poisonous.  Was that the way of it?

Pretty sure the idea the bitters are poisonous is the confusion that Angostura bitters were made from Angostura bark, which can be poisonous. In fact, they are just made in Angostura the place. But everything else is pretty much spot on.

I have a vague memory from my bar work days of a colleague being shouted at by a drunk Weegie ned because she had been given a Vodka Lemonade and Lime when she asked for a Long Vodka, and that the drink served was a funny colour.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 16/12/2021 at 20:46, Bairnardo said:
Bairnardo Bedshitter 10% Imperial Stout. Straight into my top 3 id say. 
20211216_204328.thumb.jpg.ee7a937561346f346f7bcebf96c30aae.jpg

Looks lovely but you won't be drinking much of it at 10%!

I had 3 the other night and was pretty much steaming. 2 is plenty. I did bottle some 330s but they are gone. 500ml might just be a tad too much to be having mroe than one. A nightcap sipper id say. 

Did they know you were coming?
I'm used to emptying rooms! It's my winning personality which does for me.

It was actually bliss. A wee moment of peace and quiet after a long walk, just a wee break before I headed off to the game. Time to enjoy my pint, do a wee bit of reading, with the football on in the background.

Sadly the overflow room eventually started to fill with other groups.