Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

I am going to try and visit all 42 senior grounds in scotland was going to wait to January to start but my uncle who is 89 is a clyde fan and they are playin in the scottish on tuesday so think i mite just start my journey there [emoji4]

So will get to see some random matches around scotland over next year

Local derby yesterday, Aarau v Wohlen. Last home match before the winter break so Aarau reduced the price to 10CHF. Only 3700 odds there, it was f*cking freezing and the game itself was an absolute bag of shite in quality terms. 1-0 to Aarau though, which I think makes it 12 games undefeated against Wohlen.

Looking for any feedback about Lisbon. Going there mid January. Looks like Cova da Piedade on Sat 14th. Sun 15th both Benfica and Belenenses are at home at the same time. Could go to Belenenses and just do a stadium tour at Benfica. Benfica v Boavista or Belenenses v Rio Ave... also I'm sure I read somewhere that somebody got refused entry to Belenenses with just a simple compact camera (mind you my phone would probably do).

8 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Looking for any feedback about Lisbon. Going there mid January. Looks like Cova da Piedade on Sat 14th. Sun 15th both Benfica and Belenenses are at home at the same time. Could go to Belenenses and just do a stadium tour at Benfica. Benfica v Boavista or Belenenses v Rio Ave... also I'm sure I read somewhere that somebody got refused entry to Belenenses with just a simple compact camera (mind you my phone would probably do).

Great and beautiful city to visit, however watch yourself down some of the side streets at night as there's a real chance of wee gangs trying to rob you. If your digs are off the beaten track think about getting a taxi back especially if you're steaming. You'll also get quickly bored with the amount of people trying to sell you drugs. And watch your feet for all the dug shite on the pavements. 

Football wise I went to Benfica on my visit - it's very easy to reach on the underground. Impressive stadium and they have that eagle that flys about. 

23 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Am in Lisbon myself 15th,have the specific match days/times been posted yet?

I'm going by soccerbase which has been reliable in the past. Certainly has the matchdays in order which is the main thing. Also the official UEFA site. Times are likely to vary but it looks like the top league is always Sunday. I also use the groundhopper app for iOS which is absolutely brilliant.

17 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Am in Lisbon myself 15th,have the specific match days/times been posted yet?

11 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I'm going by soccerbase which has been reliable in the past. Certainly has the matchdays in order which is the main thing. Also the official UEFA site. Times are likely to vary but it looks like the top league is always Sunday. I also use the groundhopper app for iOS which is absolutely brilliant.

looking back over the last month,there tends to be one Friday and Monday game,four Saturday games and three sunday ones.ideal scenario would be benfica late afternoon sunday(maybe quite likely as I think that's a likely telly slot) and belenenses monday night.getting my info from soccerway

Also went along to the Clyde v Arbroath game, 2 penalties, a free kick and two outside of box strikes. Red card in game also, first thought was yes it was a red with the player going in with his studs over the ball. Interestingly, the guy that was sent off was a substitute and the guy he replaced could also easily have been sent off before hand for an aggressive over reaction and 'head-butt'. Good game though, thoroughly enjoyed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was at morton v hibs tonite on saturday night. £18 entry was a decent crowd but bit expensive to see a championship match ..

Crowd was quite loud decent game tho morton could a scored a few in the first half .

Hoping to go to stenhousemuir v east fife on Tuesday but all depending on time a get away from work

On 11/30/2016 at 10:37, locheedfcno1 said:

Where's the friendliest ground you have visited?

Not being an arse licker here, but genuinely the friendliest places tend to be in Scotland. Been particularly well received in Annan, Queen of the South, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Partick Thistle, Ross County, Dundee, Airdrie, Stranraer and Montrose. We were also given a great welcome by one person in the ground at Brechin even though there was not even a game on and we had effectively trespassed through an open gate. Rather than threaten to call the police when we told him we were just having a look around the ground he offered us a drink.

I think the only negative experience I can recall up there was not even at a ground. It was in a pub in Forfar prior to a match when the landlady having already served me came over and asked if it was a football shirt I was wearing and then asked me to cover it up and said if she had known she would not have served me. There was noboby else in the bar so I don't know who was going to get offended. In hindsight I should have just got up and walked out.

As is also the case up there some of the bigger clubs down in England are impersonal and you don't really get to interact with anybody other than a steward from the club. The smaller places are generally better.

Next new ground for me is Whaddon Road for Cheltenham v Wycombe Wanderers on Friday 30th of December and I will go into the new year with 19 English and Scottish League grounds remaining having started this season with 32 to do, so that's 13 new ones knocked off since July.

Edited by Roker Rover

Went to Ipswich v Fulham on Boxing Day ... 

IMG_1437.PNG

While down South for Xmas got to Wokingham & Emmbrook in the Hellenic League on Xmas eve and yesterday to Eagle Sports in the Cheshire League in Warrington on my way to Liverpool. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit