Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

• 2 weeks later...

Aarau v Wohlen tonight, first match of the league season for both clubs. Aarau were relegated last season, so will be looking to get off to a good start against what is pretty much their local rivals.

Sunburn and beer will be the order of the evening for me.

Finished 1-1. Aarau pretty much as they were last season. Lots of possession and tidy passing, massive gaps at the back and horrendously bad at taking chances.

Highlight of the match was the Wohlen equaliser, not because it was a good goal, but because the Aarau fans were almost fighting with each other on the terracing. 5 minutes to go, Wohlen have a throw in midway into the Aarau half. The Aarau ultras spark up some pyro and a few smoke bombs. Ref pauses the match for a few minutes until the smoke clears. Wohlen restart the match and score while the Aarau defence is still switched off. Cue the ultras receiving a lot of abuse from the rest of the fans and a few folk being held back from running in. Hilarious stuff to be honest.

Edited by Ross.

Hearts v Everton today, AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff on Friday.

Now also managed to get a ticket for Southampton v Vetesse Arnhem and their friendly v Espanyol on Sunday. £20 for both games :)

Edited by cowdenbeath

Aarau away to Wil on Saturday. Finished 0-0 though both teams had decent chances to win.

Wil have recently been taken over by some Turkish business men though no one seems to know why as there isn't much in the town and not a great deal of money to be made from Swiss football. I wasn't complaining, as they are letting folk in for nothing at the moment in an attempt to get more of the town going to games. Spent the 20chf(And much more) I saved at the bar so they got their moneys worth from me.

ETA: Just bought tickets for next Wednesdays Champions League qualifier between Basel and Lech Poznan. Should be a decent atmosphere.

Edited by Ross.

Anyone ever been to a Lisbon derby or any game at Benfica?

Me and a friend are planning our yearly trip abroad and the derby in October is currently our preferred option. Other options are Marseille v Lyon/Monaco, Atletico v Valencia or an Italian game, although done Roma v Inter last year.

Hearts v Everton today, AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff on Friday.

Now also managed to get a ticket for Southampton v Vetesse Arnhem and their friendly v Espanyol on Sunday. £20 for both games :)

That'll be a good trip Cowden. Was also at the Hearts game on Sunday strange seeing Everton win :P

Tonight: Europe League 3rd Qualifying between Rabotnicki of Skopje, and Trabzonspor, at the National Stadium.

I missed Shkendija against the Dons by a week, and was really busy last week when Rabotnicki just about saw off Jelgava of Latvia. Think the Turks will have too much for Rabotnicki over two legs, but you never know.

Admissions is 200 denars (£2.50). Can't say fairer than that.

Tonight: Europe League 3rd Qualifying between Rabotnicki of Skopje, and Trabzonspor, at the National Stadium.

I missed Shkendija against the Dons by a week, and was really busy last week when Rabotnicki just about saw off Jelgava of Latvia. Think the Turks will have too much for Rabotnicki over two legs, but you never know.

Admissions is 200 denars (£2.50). Can't say fairer than that.

strangely envious.so much more exciting than southampton-vitesse on the telly(yawn)

bity of an odd game, very stop-start. Ilijoski scorted a lovely calm finish for the only goal of the game mid way through ther first half. But Rabotnicki should have had at least one more and they will regret not having a little more self belief in front of goal.

Trabzonspor were quite poor, really, very little cutting edge. However Rabotnicki have one of the worst centre halfs I have ever seen play football (think Ian Spittal with a hangover) whose distribution is absolutely dreadful. Their keeper is a flappy / punchy sort too and doesnt inspire confidence.

Still, all to play for. Not a bad night's entertainment. Crowd was 4-5000

Was at the Rapid Vienna 2 v Ajax 2 game last week in Vienna. Got a shock when I saw Wullie Gollum was refereeing and true to his form, he sent a Rapid player off. Cracking game with Ajax being 2 up at the break (should have been 5). However, Rapid pulled a quick goal back and then went down to 10 men after a lunatic lunge at an Ajax player. Looked bad at the time, but even worse when I saw it later. Rapid then managed a 2nd goal and hung on to the end. Nearly 43,000 at the game and it was moved to the National stadium due to the large crowd. Surprised that Ajax only brought about 500 fans with them. Their was also a massive police presence in the city due to the Ajax fans reputation.

However, Rapid pulled a quick goal back and then went down to 10 men after a lunatic lunge at an Ajax player. Looked bad at the time, but even worse when I saw it later.

the years go by but rapid Vienna still sound like the horrible c***s they were in the late 80s/early 90s