Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Never really post anything on here just usually read what other people say lol but My most random match I have ever been to was when I was in Finland was Helsinki v IFK Mariehamn back in May 14th ... Was poor game but Helsinki win 1-0 .... Would like to see more football abroad tho visit some stadiums and cities tho

Never really post anything on here just usually read what other people say lol but My most random match I have ever been to was when I was in Finland was Helsinki v IFK Mariehamn back in May 14th ... Was poor game but Helsinki win 1-0 .... Would like to see more football abroad tho visit some stadiums and cities tho

I think if you like going to live football I think theres nothing like it-a games a game in any country so its all very familiar but at the same time so very different in lots of small ways

Was at the Rapid Vienna 2 v Ajax 2 game last week in Vienna. Got a shock when I saw Wullie Gollum was refereeing and true to his form, he sent a Rapid player off. Cracking game with Ajax being 2 up at the break (should have been 5). However, Rapid pulled a quick goal back and then went down to 10 men after a lunatic lunge at an Ajax player. Looked bad at the time, but even worse when I saw it later. Rapid then managed a 2nd goal and hung on to the end. Nearly 43,000 at the game and it was moved to the National stadium due to the large crowd. Surprised that Ajax only brought about 500 fans with them. Their was also a massive police presence in the city due to the Ajax fans reputation.

the years go by but rapid Vienna still sound like the horrible c***s they were in the late 80s/early 90s

Rapid Vienna fans are utter scumbags, some of the worst I've ever seen.

Oh, and the match wasn't moved to the national stadium, Rapid are playing there at the minute while they build a new stadium. Will be ready for next season.

I think if you like going to live football I think theres nothing like it-a games a game in any country so its all very familiar but at the same time so very different in lots of small ways

Aye just like to tick off random stadiums tht a have visited lol always wanted to go to a German league match or Dutch or something it's my aim for this year to get to another game Abroad

Probably the most random match I ever attended was in 1988 whilst on holiday in Rovinj now in Croatia but still in Yugoslavia at that time.

It was a third division match and tbh I can't remember who they were playing although the home side won 2-0.

It was the same week Scotland had won 2-1 in Norway on the way to qualifying for Italia 90.

Edited by pccabe

• 1 month later...
Trenčín 5 Spartak Trnava 3, September 13th.

Entry price: €6 Pint: €1.20

Trenčín is an hour and a half north of Bratislava, and until recently was known for its big, ****-off castle overlooking the town, a small historic centre and nothing else. Last year the town football team completed its rise up the ranks to win the Slovak league and cup. The ground is similar to Dumbarton's bus shelter, only with an additional, open cage going round one corner for the away fans. There was a youth game taking place earlier in the day, which could be watched unrestricted from the castle which overlooks it. I'd put a photo up but for some reason the forum won't allow the size of image (what is this, 1953? Get it sorted.).

A very entertaining game. Most Slovak sides try to keep the ball on the ground and adopt a passing game, but many of them, like all crap Scottish teams, don't have the organisation and ability to keep it and create dangerous attacks. The home side are a cut above; every time they got hold of the ball, they passed it quickly across and down the park to create chances. They were always in the lead of the match (and were 3-0 up after 35 minutes) but had a very weak showing at the back, letting a few goals in under not a huge amount of pressure. They had only conceded two goals in their previous six games though, so it may well have been a bad day at the office.They're five points clear at the top already, and look fairly good value to retain their title.

Assuming the weather doesn't turn to s*** at the open bowl that is Slovan's temporary ground, I'll head along to see them play Trenčín tomorrow. On the basis of what I've seen from both sides, I'd expect a comfortable away victory.

crewe-Gillingham next month

just back from a weeks leave where I took in glenavon-coleraine,leeds-Ipswich,Blackburn-Charlton and Bradford-Sheffield utd,great stuff

hoping to catch inter-genoa ,atalanta-Palermo and a lower league Italian game in early December;anyone got any gen on best way of getting tickets for Italian games?best to do it here or there etc?

Slovan-Trenčín ended up finishing 0-0. Both sides hit the woodwork but the away side will be happier with the point. Their passing wasn't as effective against a Slovan side content sit fairly deep at times and absorb pressure. Trenčín then got tanked 4-1 at home by Žilina midweek, but won today to resume their push at the top of the league.

Thanks to a helpful piece in the in-flight magazine a few days ago suggesting city derbies to attend, I've bought a ticket for the Vienna derby on October 25th.