Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Cheers. East Fife is the easiest for me because i am 5 minutes walk from the house. Stenny, alloa I didn’t have any problems with. Kelty was a bit of a pain, Arbroath and Hamilton were ok as there are car parks near by as well. 

Which ones do you have to do?

I'm back to just Spartans to go to tick me over. Opening day of the season for that one for a sure-fire win for the Bully Wee.

Heading to Annan in a couple of weeks, but still got quite a few to do. Especially further away. There will be a few i need to repeat as my mate hasn’t been, but they ones were stadiums that i had been to during my teenage years following the rovers and got the bus everywhere, so never paid attention to parking. 
The ones I haven’t done is Spartans, Bonnyrigg, Elgin, Ross county, Peterhead, Elgin, Stranrear, Edinburgh, Forfar, Dumbarton, Montrose, Cove, St Mirren (new) and Lesser hampden. Falkirk (new) so not a lot. 
looking at Edinburgh and The Spartans going through by train, having a couple of drinks, making a day of it. 
And it hit me at the end of the season, that despite thinking i had, I actually haven’t been to broadwood.

Edited by buchan30

10 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Heading to Annan in a couple of weeks, but still got quite a few to do. Especially further away. There will be a few i need to repeat as my mate hasn’t been, but they ones were stadiums that i had been to during my teenage years following the rovers and got the bus everywhere, so never paid attention to parking. 
The ones I haven’t done is Spartans, Bonnyrigg, Elgin, Ross county, Peterhead, Elgin, Stranrear, Edinburgh, Forfar, Dumbarton, Montrose, Cove, St Mirren (new) and Lesser hampden. Falkirk (new) so not a lot. 
looking at Edinburgh and The Spartans going through by train, having a couple of drinks, making a day of it. 
And it hit me at the end of the season, that despite thinking i had, I actually haven’t been to broadwood.

You just reminded me of Lesser. I'll need to get there too.

You've got some belters left to go. I'm a big fan of Montrose (and the Golf Inn) and Elgin, especially. Looking forward to getting back up to Elgin for the Clyde game in December. Bonnyrigg is good, too. A unique kind of ground.

Absolutely loved doing it all last season. Got to be honest though, it's nice to look at the fixture list this season with no stress and not having to plan everything out in my head.

Got myself a Clyde season ticket to force myself to behave like a normal person.

Edited by DoingThe42

A few stadiums on that list, when Raith have been in the same league as they teams Raith fans have been quite complimentary about the stadiums etc. I  won’t lie i was in awe of you doing it all in one season, but enjoyed following your posts on it. I have actually enjoyed looking at the fixtures and trying to work out the logistics etc. Like how we do the far away ones (we are book ending the season with them) What stadiums i want to revisit and how to get the balance so that I haven’t finished them long before my mate has. I also quite enjoy  travelling around Scotland in general. Although, i am saying that, maybe because i am no doing it over a few seasons rather than your mammoth attempt of doing it all in one.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Those who have done all or most of the spfl games, where have you found is the best stadium for parking? And what one is the worst? Got to admit, so far not had any problems with the ones i have been to. I am starting to plan for next season and just something i need to consider when planning journey times. 

Unsurprisingly Parkhead is the ground I find most difficult for parking. I now park at the Tesco just over a mile away and walk it. Hibs (and Edinburgh City) are a bit of a pain as well, although the retail park round the back of Easter Road is an option as long as you’re not in a rush to get away. Majority of the grounds are fine though, especially further down the leagues. 

Edited by PSJ.84

Haukar 1-1 UMF Sindri
KFG 2-0 KF
Leiknir Reykjavik 3-0 Ungmennafelag Njardvikur

Got to a few other games in Iceland in their 3rd, 4th and 2nd tiers over the weekend.

Leiknir play on a nice grass pitch - a real novelty in these parts - and the game had a very Scottish feel. Not least because there were two Scots playing for Njardvik, including big Marc McAusland of St Mirren fame. Small world.

The KFG game turned out to be at Stjarnan’s stadium so I got to see the words “Celtic” and “Motherwell” both on the wall of the stadium and in their trophy case. Another nice unexpected Scottish coincidence. I was also able to catch the penalties in the Women’s Cup semi-final between Stjarnan and Breidablik which was in the same ground just before.

IMG_5015.thumb.jpeg.bfc9bbcdacb17ec7c45696943e66462f.jpeg

IMG_5021.thumb.jpeg.2cbeea96d8c6ac007f5cd187b90bc40d.jpeg

IMG_5029.thumb.jpeg.70702a8f162f95ec8e6b02ee7f287580.jpeg

IMG_5131.thumb.jpeg.ce6a6f234c5a70ca71c1843146ae02ea.jpeg

3 hours ago, buchan30 said:

If I was doing Spartans I'd get off at Haymarket (fnarr) buy a day ticket, get a tram to Picardy Place, walk down Broughton Street to the Cask, enjoy a few fine poured pints of Orkney Best and catch an 8. 

You can stay on the 8 and walk up to Ainslie Park or change buses at Ferry Road and get a 27 along to Morrisons (near Ainslie Park)

13 hours ago, An Eejit Abroad said:

The KFG game turned out to be at Stjarnan’s stadium so I got to see the words “Celtic” and “Motherwell” both on the wall of the stadium and in their trophy case. Another nice unexpected Scottish coincidence. I was also able to catch the penalties in the Women’s Cup semi-final between Stjarnan and Breidablik which was in the same ground just before.

When I went to see Stjarnan I just wandered over the other side for a photo at HT and nobody bothered me...

image.thumb.jpeg.b113213da8844be1d9ed7b95e163a326.jpeg

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If I was doing Spartans I'd get off at Haymarket (fnarr) buy a day ticket, get a tram to Picardy Place, walk down Broughton Street to the Cask, enjoy a few fine poured pints of Orkney Best and catch an 8. 

That's a good shout Tam. My usual routine is Milnes or The Abbotsford in Rose Street, then a 27 from Hanover Street.

For anybody driving, Spartans have a decent car park, but when it's full just use Morrisons.

Option of a visit to Lesser as a Livi fan is there for those who want/need it. Plan on going myself, although I’ll probably hold off buying a ticket until nearer the time so I’m not taking a ticket away from an actual Livi supporter. 

22 hours ago, buchan30 said:

A few stadiums on that list, when Raith have been in the same league as they teams Raith fans have been quite complimentary about the stadiums etc. I  won’t lie i was in awe of you doing it all in one season, but enjoyed following your posts on it. I have actually enjoyed looking at the fixtures and trying to work out the logistics etc. Like how we do the far away ones (we are book ending the season with them) What stadiums i want to revisit and how to get the balance so that I haven’t finished them long before my mate has. I also quite enjoy  travelling around Scotland in general. Although, i am saying that, maybe because i am no doing it over a few seasons rather than your mammoth attempt of doing it all in one.

I'm thinking of taking in a Spartans game at some point, been saying it for years. No excuses not to this season. My first priority is managing a good few raith games, I managed 1 last season, some supporter I am 😂😂

Priority for me this season is finish off the 42, only four to go. Plan is Elgin City V QOS for 22 August, Annan Athletic V Raith Rovers 29th August. Inverness probably the 2nd (Dunfermline Athletic) or 23rd September (Dundee United) and Queen's Park for lesser Hampden on 12th August V Arbroath. 

After that I was thinking of going to every round of the Scottish Cup in a season up to at least the Quarter final stage. Semi Final and Final might be more difficult depending on who gets that far.

Further afield. I need four to complete EPL. Bournemouth,  Brighton, Brentford and Luton. The last will be next to impossible unless they get a kind cup draw at home.

European trip is Portugal in late January. Then just a few revisits of grounds I've not been to in a while, Dens, Somerset Park, Tannadice and Station Park.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I'm thinking of taking in a Spartans game at some point, been saying it for years. No excuses not to this season. My first priority is managing a good few raith games, I managed 1 last season, some supporter I am 😂😂

Don’t worry about it mate, that’s only one less raith game than me. A 0-0 draw with ayr and the 2-2 with Partick.

11 hours ago, atfccfc said:

After that I was thinking of going to every round of the Scottish Cup in a season up to at least the Quarter final stage. Semi Final and Final might be more difficult depending on who gets that far.

I'm considering doing the same with the Scottish Cup. Can't find the dates anywhere. Am I being daft?

3 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

I'm considering doing the same with the Scottish Cup. Can't find the dates anywhere. Am I being daft?

I think it's probably a bit early. The SFA website has the dates and format for 2022/23. But its not updated for the new season yet. The preliminary round last season was 27th August 2022. So a wee bit of time to go yet I imagine. 

3 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Post on the Scottish Cup forum suggests Preliminary Round is September 2nd and Round 1 is September 23rd. 

Spartans 8-0 Tynecastle. Stroll in the summer drizzle for Spartans in a really one sided game. If not for excellent saves by Tynecastle keeper could have been double figures. 

Game had added bonus of bounce match between Musselburgh Athletic and Edinburgh South to watch on the back pitch. 

IMG_9044.jpeg

IMG_9045.jpeg

IMG_9041.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Newmains United 0-8 Clydebank, 04/07/2023

A bit of a mismatch tonight at Victoria Park as the Bankies run up a big win. It was 4-0 at half-time and same again in the second half. Although, full marks to Clydebank for really seeming like they were going for a 10-0. It looked on at 7-0 with about 25 to play. They never let up, and with the chances they created it could have been ten and then some. Newmains seemed quite demoralised by the end.

Decent evening out. Will try and get back here this season to see Newmains play in more favourable conditions.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Bonnyrigg Rose 0 Falkirk 3. A comfortable workout for the Bairns and a wonderful Calumn Morrison free kick for 2-0 after Oliver's opener. Kerr Young hit the post late on with a header which was really Rose's only chance, but Honeyman's acute angled drive made the scoreline convincing right at the death. Maybe about 700 there (edit - 725, including 205 away).

Main ICT interest was Coll ya fanny Donaldson and sub Brad McKay.

IMG_8491.thumb.JPG.d7e3244fe7131b9fcc8d28d8adfe9294.JPG

IMG_8494.thumb.JPG.c8666c068b2c985502d2c8f757f13dd1.JPG

IMG_8493.thumb.JPG.aa49850204ddac050d635ce196b9d2df.JPG

Edited by The Mantis