Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Sacramento Republic 1-1 Memphis 901, USL Championship 16/7/23.

Poor standard but that could be to do with it being 42°C that day. The Sacramento right back is easily the worst professional footballer I've ever seen live. Nick Ross formerly of ICT and Dundee had a decent showing in the middle of the park. 

IMG_20230715_194259.thumb.jpg.68b4f5224009c3aff60bd77b8267dd11.jpgIMG_20230715_194221.thumb.jpg.78bcac469e65043ac17f7c2c07ac2251.jpg

IMG_20230715_195153.thumb.jpg.cd9f8d8f7f3fd6d81de604e54df7a1c9.jpg

IMG_20230715_201201.thumb.jpg.9ed8eec0df57bfc072e7b16beba4dba7.jpg

IMG_20230715_202934.thumb.jpg.3f1e0aa2b4a86610442f0e071008d192.jpg

5 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Sacramento Republic 1-1 Memphis 901, USL Championship 16/7/23.

Poor standard but that could be to do with it being 42°C that day. The Sacramento right back is easily the worst professional footballer I've ever seen live. Nick Ross formerly of ICT and Dundee had a decent showing in the middle of the park. 

IMG_20230715_194259.thumb.jpg.68b4f5224009c3aff60bd77b8267dd11.jpg

Not sure I'd want to be sitting in that stand if a sellout crowd got bouncy 😂

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Benfield obviously saving themselves for Saturday's game against Dunbar!

Might just pitch up at that one Tam

On 14/07/2023 at 11:56, Crow said:

Newton Stewart 2-2 Threave Rovers (1-2 HT) @ Blairmount Park 🌱. 7.41pm. A new ground tonight with WOSFL Division 3 Threave taking a 2-0 lead in this Friendly. The SOSFL home side fought back to level 💥. Both sides pushed for a winner but it ended all square. Crowd 173.

looks like a few changes since I was there with WW in the nineties. Don’t think they would win 8-0 nowadays…

2 hours ago, GroundhopScot said:

Alloa 1-2 Stirling

88 clubs down, a whole bunch to go. Blessed to see another derby on my travels! Write up is below if you fancy a wee read

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2023/07/19/club-88-286-alloa-athletic/

£18 is ridiculous for a League Cup group match. I was £12 last night for Montrose v Forfar Athletic (also League One v League 2) and £14 on Saturday for Kelty Hearts v Greenock Morton. Both were good competitive matches.

Manchester United 1-0 Olympic Lyon 

Pretty drab preseason fair. Manchester United looked bit more interested than Lyon who didn’t have a shot on target that I can remember. Crowd 48,484 in attendance. Glad my ticket was free. 

IMG_9070.jpeg

10 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Not sure I'd want to be sitting in that stand if a sellout crowd got bouncy 😂

Aye, they stamp their feet whenever there's a corner or dangerous free kick.

It was very steep too. No way that stand gets a safety certificate here. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Manchester United 1-0 Olympic Lyon 

Pretty drab preseason fair. Manchester United looked bit more interested than Lyon who didn’t have a shot on target that I can remember. Crowd 48,484 in attendance. Glad my ticket was free. 

IMG_9070.jpeg

Was at this game today as well. Pretty drab is a good way to describe it, any pace to the game was gone after Utd scored

St Anthony's 1-4 Cumnock

It was meant to be Shettleston v Glencairn but Shettleston signed a rapist so we're at McKenna Park instead.

St Anthony's in a kit that makes St Rochs look like Cambuslang Rangers against junior cup winning Nock on a very sunny night in Govan (Cardonald? Answers on a postcard). 

Very impressed. Very simple 20 year old ground here after Moore Park was demolished like the rest of Moore Park in the late 90s. Can still get a stocious view of the big hospital that has been obscured somewhat by growing trees. b*****ds. 

Didn't manage any tea today had a scotch pie. I'm usually not made keen on them but if every Scotch Pie was like this one I'd be an ever fatter p***k than I am now.

The match itself was a friendly. Ants match Nock from two Leagues above for much of the game but Nock's quality showed in the second half and the equalise and spend much of the closing stages pressing. Their persistence paying off with a winner coming fifteen minutes from the end. A few late ones as Ants tired made more comfortable than it was for 70 minutes.

Having now completed the Govan trilogy. I felt happiest here of the three. New Tinto is stale and Ibrox is full of mutants (big team found etc)

20230719_190843.jpg

20230719_192530.jpg

20230719_195936.jpg

20230719_190658.jpg

Part 1 at Clydesdale C.C for Sth Asian Academy 317 all out with Scotland under 19's on 191/5 on my departure. Some good players on show and cider £3,80 - quick dash to Meadowbank (2nd visit) for Edinburgh 3 Kelty 5 att 426. Good stuff from the visitors who were 30 down late in 1st half.Daramola and then Biabi caused havoc for the home defence. Put some terrace on the far side or something.20230719_125255.thumb.jpg.72330800baf9aead6d1feaef29facce6.jpg

Kilsyth Rangers 2-1 Kilsyth Athletic 

John Ferguson Trophy

A rematch of the Kilsyth Derby, at Duncansfield this time. Officially a friendly but not in the eyes of the players and supporters.

Great crowd to acknowledge John Ferguson and to witness only the second ever match up between the two teams of Lower Cumbernauld 🤭

Athletic have the better of the first half and looked likely to add to their victory in the West Cup last October. Rangers score against the run of play and lead at the break. A rammy after an alleged elbow sees the hosts reduced to 10 men but manage to score from a controversial penalty soon after. The referee, who incidentally was in my year at school, was not the most popular with the Athletic "Ultras" that will be all over Blair McNally's video when it goes up.

Lewis Taylor, the best player on the park in my opinion, scores a superb goal to get Athletic back in it. 

The hosts however hold on to take the bragging rights and the trophy. 

Preferred this to the last time. As it didn't rain horizontally for 90 minutes and Duncansfield isn't a cage that's obvious. Worth coming if you haven't.

20230721_193135.jpg

20230721_204656.jpg

20230721_204835.jpg

Just back on the bus to Glasgow, the 'Battle of Kilsyth' well explained, half decent game with both sides having chances.As I was down the far end, I'm guessing no doubt over the penalty ? Athletic should have been given at least one from where I was stood, and agree the no.7 terrorised the full back all night.Just bring him down and see how he reacts 😠 Good bit of needle between both clubs, nice to see.

At Peffermill, in the formerly chocolate ginger scented shadow of the Simmers biscuit factory, for the opening day league encounter between Edinburgh University and Civil Service Strollers.

Edinburgh took the lead in the…

Ach sod that. It’s the home baking report we’re all here for. The key choice today was between a scone with cream and jam, or a truffle. Pies and sausage rolls also available for the savoury minded.

I chose the truffle and was told, and I quote, “that’s the best thing you will ever eat”. 

A high bar, as I’ve eaten a cheese and ham toastie from the Bruichladdich Mini Market after a three hour walk along Kilnallan Point in the freezing rain, and let me tell you that little heated pocket of joy went down well that day. 

The truffle was indeed decent, if not life changing. A snip for 50p, and I don’t regret my choice.

Some strange goings on down the far end. There is the gang of the these days ubiquitous Ultras, with their wee drum - on which none of their summer holiday has been wasted on practice - and their very limited repertoire of chants, which even they tired of after a couple of minutes. Setting them apart is the Irish flag.

Not sure if they are being ultra fanatical about the team deriving from the British Government clerical division, or the team deriving from the Russell Group ancient university. 

Neither institution strikes me as a hotbed of the Irish diaspora, but who am I to question their motives.

Nil trains have passed thus far, but we have one half to go, so there remains time.

FT: Students 3 Strollers 4. (No trains.)

IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8054.jpeg

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC

Beautiful afternoon to catch helmsdale utd-lairg rovers on the last day of the NW Sutherland AFA season.in this reenactment of the1967 European cup final(nerazzurri Vs hoops) lairg came from behind to win 2-1 with a last minute penalty

Catching the 2nd half of Tain thistle Vs melvich as I type,currently4-0 tain

IMG_20230722_134716_1.jpg

IMG_20230722_130047.jpg

20230722_162943.thumb.jpg.b4371fb567bd439c2ab8033e73cfc331.jpgBack at Central for Viaplay : Cowden v Montrose. Not a classic but the 2nd half was better.Simple for 01 cross, knock down, finish. 11 def pen. Both created chances, but gave the ball away far too often. Expected a bit more from the visitors, 1-1 fair 4-5 on pens.Decent pint in the Kirk and pie n bovril was ok.Excellent week again, up in Inverness in October.