Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Let me save you the hassle of thinking about it. Both areas are pish.

Strongly disagree, I work in Dundee and probably will my whole life so wanting to stay somewhere in and around the city. They 2 or over towards Invergowrie would be my preferred choices. :P

Get a place in Perth Road area. I've lived in both its much better especially for a guy in his early 20s. Would rather live in Stobie tbh good half way point between both.

Mean for when I am older mate, for the moment though Im just wanting anything 10-15 minute walk away from Dundee House. Perth Road/Blackness Road area are what im aiming for.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I don't think you've been to Campbeltown.

Its a decent place, the local dialect is perfectly legible, its absolutely glorius down there in the summer, there is a car garage and industrial estate on the right as you drive into town and the Tesco is the same as any other.

I've always had a soft spot for Campbeltown. I used to love the runs ashore there. I remember we came alongside on a Tuesday in October 07 for 24 hours with the Pembroke and it was my leaving run & 21st birthday run rolled into one. We got let ashore by 1300 and everyone was back onboard by 2000 steaming. For my leaving/birthday present I got two pints of top shelf in the feathers and made to down them. It's fair to say I was roughers the next day. When I went to my next draft I ended up having to stay in Campbeltown for up to 6 weeks at a time. Cracking wee town.

I've always had a soft spot for Campbeltown. I used to love the runs ashore there. I remember we came alongside on a Tuesday in October 07 for 24 hours with the Pembroke and it was my leaving run & 21st birthday run rolled into one. We got let ashore by 1300 and everyone was back onboard by 2000 steaming. For my leaving/birthday present I got two pints of top shelf in the feathers and made to down them. It's fair to say I was roughers the next day. When I went to my next draft I ended up having to stay in Campbeltown for up to 6 weeks at a time. Cracking wee town.

must just be the small ships that had no problem there !

must just be the small ships that had no problem there !

We did have some problems but nothing major. Some of the locals could be c***s but the majority were ok. Going there with the mining team for six weeks at a time to recover the exercise minefields helped in getting along with the locals. I remember missing the ship sailing once. It was the day after the Macedonia v Scotland game, I had ended up pulling some fat bird and going back to hers. My phone battery died and when I woke up it was after 0800 got started running from the other end of town to try and get to the old ferry jetty only for the ship to be disappearing out the loch. I went to the hotel and charged my phone only to receive a tirade of abuse from our Coxswain. I accepted I was in the shit so went back to the fat birds house to pump her and she even done my laundry haha. As punishment for missing the ship sailing I had to scrub the whole of 1 deck back and polish it on the old Torpedo Recovery Vessel we used. The civvy crew reckoned it hadn't been done properly in at least ten years it took me six days to get it done. It looked good when finished though.

Folk claiming that the next suburb / estate along is a completely different village / town in an attempt to disown them is quite often the sign of a shitehole right enough.

The next day a generator was found in deepest, darkest McDuff. Now, that place is interesting.

Nope, McDuff is an area in East Wemyss on the way out heading towards Buckhaven.

'An area in East Wemyss'? I rest my case, although I may now have to update the OP to include street.

Edited by Hedgecutter

We did have some problems but nothing major. Some of the locals could be c***s but the majority were ok. Going there with the mining team for six weeks at a time to recover the exercise minefields helped in getting along with the locals. I remember missing the ship sailing once. It was the day after the Macedonia v Scotland game, I had ended up pulling some fat bird and going back to hers. My phone battery died and when I woke up it was after 0800 got started running from the other end of town to try and get to the old ferry jetty only for the ship to be disappearing out the loch. I went to the hotel and charged my phone only to receive a tirade of abuse from our Coxswain. I accepted I was in the shit so went back to the fat birds house to pump her and she even done my laundry haha. As punishment for missing the ship sailing I had to scrub the whole of 1 deck back and polish it on the old Torpedo Recovery Vessel we used. The civvy crew reckoned it hadn't been done properly in at least ten years it took me six days to get it done. It looked good when finished though.

Can i suggest a completely new thread? Big Martyns tales of shagging and discipline. I suspect there is plenty more material....

Ah, cheers. Who the hell decided to 'list' the fire station? Probably a rare architectural form of Neo Fife Deco or something? :unsure2:

You can't help but see the irony in having the huge and consistently derelict site just opposite it's matching building which was gifted by (and named after) Carnegie, one of the wealthiest men in the entirety of human history.

That BK used to have a ball pit in the middle of it if I remember correctly.

Yeah it had one on the left hand side as you walked in.

Don't know if it's just looking back with rose tinted glasses or not but I used to be quite proud of Dunfermline town centre when I was younger. There wasn't any empty shops and certainly no jakeballs or junkies and there was always quite a few decent independent shops.

I think the fire in the old coop was the start of the decline. Just to add to the general shiteness of the Dunlop factory area it looks like the Carnegie centre may need redone.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/significant-concerns-over-health-of-young-swimmers-at-carnegie-leisure-centre-1.414102

A have a relative who worked on it and said something about the way the swimming pool was revamped and that I should have been taken down completely and rebuilt and that it was a cheap option.

Yeah it had one on the left hand side as you walked in.

Don't know if it's just looking back with rose tinted glasses or not but I used to be quite proud of Dunfermline town centre when I was younger. There wasn't any empty shops and certainly no jakeballs or junkies and there was always quite a few decent independent shops.

I think the fire in the old coop was the start of the decline. Just to add to the general shiteness of the Dunlop factory area it looks like the Carnegie centre may need redone.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/significant-concerns-over-health-of-young-swimmers-at-carnegie-leisure-centre-1.414102

A have a relative who worked on it and said something about the way the swimming pool was revamped and that I should have been taken down completely and rebuilt and that it was a cheap option.

Is the Carnegie leisure centre not a listed building?

I don't think you've been to Campbeltown.

Its a decent place, the local dialect is perfectly legible, its absolutely glorius down there in the summer, there is a car garage and industrial estate on the right as you drive into town and the Tesco is the same as any other.

I enter the town from the north whenever I'm there.

I can assure you it's not glorious in the summer, it's absolutely minging. The tesco is vile, which reflects the state of the whole place really.

There's a reason as to why the rest of Scotland refer to it as Castlemilk-on-Sea.

Edited by Geronimo