Snooker

RedWeb

FIrst session was very cagey with Williams managing to go 4-0 up with a highest break of 42, brilliant break by Higgins to pull one back but a poor break off shot in the next frame has let Williams in to go 5-1 ahead. Early days but that will take a bit of clawing back.

28 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Is he wearing the shirt today? I thought they banned football shorts this year ?

I think he's wearing a sky blue and white striped Coventry type tshirt. 

Best and worst of Higgins there. Williams started very strongly and Higgins finished stronger still but trailing. If Higgins isn't that bad again the next session I fancy there only being 1 frame in it going into tomorrow.

Is he the walloper they said had got engaged at and then booked the Crucible for his wedding?

Yes.

And it was him that was giving Williams the sweets.

Video is on @bbcsport Twitter.

????

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

Best and worst of Higgins there. Williams started very strongly and Higgins finished stronger still but trailing. If Higgins isn't that bad again the next session I fancy there only being 1 frame in it going into tomorrow.

Higgins certainly wasn't at his best but Williams got a very generous run of the balls in the first session. That seems to have stopped now and Higgins is reaping the rewards.

Mental shot choice from Higgins there, that brown was going nowhere else but in the corner. 10-7 to Williams overnight.

Baffling.

Would love to know what he thought he could actually make out of that shot?

Baffling.

Would love to know what he thought he could actually make out of that shot?

Can only think that like one of the pundits said, that maybe he thought if he hit it hard enough the brown might rattle in the jaws and stay out. Certainly couldn't see that myself tbh. Thought he would have been better trying to get the white back down the table and tuck it in behind the pink or black.

Williams is getting an incredible run of luck in this final. A fluke after missing by miles in the first frame today and then a good escape from Higgins leaving a plant this frame. 

Come on John get into this leek muncher!