Pregnancy And Parenting

Mine kicked me in the balls this morning, the novelty soon wears off.

Enjoy it though man, I was walking on air for the first few weeks after the birth.

Kneeling on the floor changing a nappy is a very vulnerable position for a man, been hoofed in the nuts so many times I'm beginning to lose sensation.

My wife and I have had a wee boy yesterday at 11.31am weighing 6lb 9.5 oz. He's doing brilliantly.

Mum needed surgery after the birth but has came through that ok and although tired and sore she will be fine. We are in the hospital for a few days until mum and baby are fine to leave.

No name yet, waiting until mum is back to normal, although this might be an opportunity to sneak in a name of a Forfar legend with her realising!

post-6160-14635670767205_thumb.jpg

Cheers everybody! Wife is doing a lot better already which is great.

John Clark was actually my grandads name so could potentially swing that!

Changed and clothed him for the first time which I was a bit scared of but went fine.

Cheers everybody! Wife is doing a lot better already which is great.

John Clark was actually my grandads name so could potentially swing that!

Changed and clothed him for the first time which I was a bit scared of but went fine.

Congrats to you and your Mrs - the wee yin's a smasher.

Congratulations loons and all the other recent parents. Trust you are all suitably exhausted!

Picked up nursery application form for our younger girl this week. I'm a shift worker and I've always been watching one/bith of them on my days off, know I'm going to miss that when it is gone.

My wee one had her first proper tantrum this morning, tears and snotters everywhere because she couldn't have ice cream for breakfast. She calmed down after about ten minutes then we went to the soft play at the Commie Pool.

I got back in after a couple of hours to find a card through the door from Police Scotland about an incident, I phoned it up and they said an officer would be round. Turns out one of my neighbours phoned the Police because of the crying. One of the Polis started laughing as he was talking a statement as he had a girl the same age. I was genuinely dumbfounded and a bit worried incase the wee one kicks off again and that dickhead calls them again.

I don't know which one it was but I'm ready for knocking on some doors.

It doesn't get said enough that being a dad is the tits.

Easy, Bobby. Wait 'til they cry wolf enough times that the polis tell them to GTF; then they'll be at your mercy   ;)

Woke up with an eye sty the same day I needed to shave off the beard.

Glasses instead of lenses and clean shaven - wee baby lass didn't stop staring at me all morning with a massive smile on her face, which is an improvement on the screams the last time I shaved.

Any other tips on messing with your kids head?