Quick Question Thread

Just now, GordonD said:

Check with Throbber - I believe he's quite accustomed to chiselling stuff off his briefs

Oddly, throbber flashed through my mind when I typed that  :wacko:

If I ever need a powerful, yet gentle solvent, I'll know who to ask.

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

It’s a Beko, therefore it can only be a matter of time before it The Tabby-Dave family dwelling is reduced to pile of smoking ashes.

On the plus side he'll get a Russian cruise out of it

It's only just over a year old, so I'll be fucked if I'm buying another one yet. I don't have the money anyway, so it's back to washing the clothes in the bath if this one dies.

I'll keep the fire extinguisher on standby, just in case.

ae2998815b282f23dd3aef1edbe5accb5905d4f7

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's only just over a year old, so I'll be fucked if I'm buying another one yet. I don't have the money anyway, so it's back to washing the clothes in the bath if this one dies.

I'll keep the fire extinguisher on standby, just in case.

ae2998815b282f23dd3aef1edbe5accb5905d4f7

Is it not still under warranty? 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Is it not still under warranty? 

No, and I think the problem started about two weeks after it expired, Well played, Beko; well played.

Never mind, I have faith in Mozza's recommended bond solution, and I'm sure he'll contribute to a replacement if it fails. He's a good lad.

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No, and I think the problem started about two weeks after it expired, Well played, Beko; well played.

Never mind, I have faith in Mozza's recommended bond solution, and I'm sure he'll contribute to a replacement if it fails. He's a good lad.

T&Cs apply.

Spoiler

Youre on your own.

38 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You should take @Bairnardo up on his offer, he'll be able to climb right inside and sort it.

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Can anyone recommend some kind of adhesive that will stay bonded underwater at temperatures of up to 90°C?

The paddles in our washing machine are held on by tiny wee thin plastic clips, which keep breaking off. I'm hoping a bit of reinforcement will keep them in place. Fucking Beko  :angry:

You can get a pack of those paddles off Amazon for about £10.

My other half's temporarily deserted me for a few days leaving me to fend for myself.  Fortunately that's not too difficult with a couple of pubs (serving decent bar meals) an Aldis and an Iceland all within walking distance.

Having just had an Aldis lasagne for dinner tonight, I thought I'd finish with some crackers and cheese. Unfortunately the cheese (an Iceland pack of Strength 5 mature cheddar) appears to be suffering from an outbreak of green and black mouldy bits. I've opted for a Laughing Cow cheese triangle instead.

My question is : Will this mouldy cheese be okay to grate into an omlette which I've become rather partial to at breakfast times?

Sensible answers only please.

My other half's temporarily deserted me for a few days leaving me to fend for myself.  Fortunately that's not too difficult with a couple of pubs (serving decent bar meals) an Aldis and an Iceland all within walking distance.
Having just had an Aldis lasagne for dinner tonight, I thought I'd finish with some crackers and cheese. Unfortunately the cheese (an Iceland pack of Strength 5 mature cheddar) appears to be suffering from an outbreak of green and black mouldy bits. I've opted for a Laughing Cow cheese triangle instead.
My question is : Will this mouldy cheese be okay to grate into an omlette which I've become rather partial to at breakfast times?
Sensible answers only please.
yes itll be fine. personally i would have just cut the green buts off and cracked on with the cheese and crackers

13 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Is there a restaurant recommendation thread? Struggling to find one. 

Not sure if it would be much use as a separate thread with posters living all over. This is probably as good as any, or the travel forum.

Edited by welshbairn