Quick Question Thread

I take it you are doing a loft conversion?
Not entirely. Just getting a few things changed in the loft.
Needed a new window and want two brick walls to be covered up with insulation and plasterboard.
Already got a Ramsay ladder put in and loft floor done.
Just making most of the space I have got for storage for now

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not entirely. Just getting a few things changed in the loft.
Needed a new window and want two brick walls to be covered up with insulation and plasterboard.
Already got a Ramsay ladder put in and loft floor done.
Just making most of the space I have got for storage for now

I’m wanting to do a loft conversion and make it into an en-suite bedroom but have no idea how much it would cost. Would need a staircase but in and would need to sort the trusses out so it wouldn’t be a cheap job.

I’m wanting to do a loft conversion and make it into an en-suite bedroom but have no idea how much it would cost. Would need a staircase but in and would need to sort the trusses out so it wouldn’t be a cheap job.
We looked at this and I got a friend of the family who is an architect to come up and measure it all and see what like for adding stairs and for what it was worth the cost was way out my budget
So instead able to do it in stages .
Summer will get new lights fitted in and the ceiling done

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We looked at this and I got a friend of the family who is an architect to come up and measure it all and see what like for adding stairs and for what it was worth the cost was way out my budget

I have no idea what it would cost, maybe about £20k was my bet. Would add more than that to the property value tho. 

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We could all muck in Amish Barn Raising style to help you out, don't ask Grimm though.

15 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Don't leave the stairs till last.

Do microwave ovens wear off/lose efficiency over time? 

Mine is about 10 years old now and I’ve noticed it’s been taking longer that the stated 2m - and now even the a-p adjusted 2m 30s - to nuke my instant porridge in the morning. 

In keeping with the current vogue of sustainability I don’t know if I should persevere with a suboptimally efficient unit or if I should just bin it and get a new one from Argos? 

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Do microwave ovens wear off/lose efficiency over time? 

Mine is about 10 years old now and I’ve noticed it’s been taking longer that the stated 2m - and now even the a-p adjusted 2m 30s - to nuke my instant porridge in the morning. 

In keeping with the current vogue of sustainability I don’t know if I should persevere with a suboptimally efficient unit or if I should just bin it and get a new one from Argos? 

It's probably got old deal seals and is leaking radiation. I'd be more worried about that than winning 30 seconds in the morning.

I'd also get my baws checked if I were you.

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It's probably got old deal seals and is leaking radiation. I'd be more worried about that than winning 30 seconds in the morning.

I'd also get my baws checked if I were you.

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

What? All three of them?

There you go. If you've already lost one then it's too late.

I live on my own in a 2 bedroom flat. Both bedrooms are nice and have their advantages. One is dark and quiet and good for hangovers - the other is a bit larger and has nice views. 

Is it weird that I sometimes sleep in one room, and sometimes the other? To the point that I wouldn't even call one of them my room?

I'm only asking cos I mentioned this at work, and you'd think that I was Jame Gumb.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Which one is your kill room?

Depends on which one I'm not using at the moment. Btw, you never replied to my text about a mod sleepover.

A guy at work called me "decadent" cos I made use of both bedrooms. In my 2 bedroom mansion. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I live on my own in a 2 bedroom flat. Both bedrooms are nice and have their advantages. One is dark and quiet and good for chugging- the other is a bit larger and has nice views. 

Is it weird that I sometimes sleep in one room, and sometimes the other? To the point that I wouldn't even call one of them my room?

I'm only asking cos I mentioned this at work, and you'd think that I was Jame Gumb.

FTFY