Quick Question Thread

12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's a play on the French potage and English Porridge

Or 'porage' (from which porridge was derived) was only ever a misspelling of 'potage' due to R being next to T on the qwerty keyboard.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Or 'porage' (from which porridge was derived) was only ever a misspelling of 'potage' due to R being next to T on the qwerty keyboard.

Or more likely a direct take from the Dundonian pronunciation of porridge.  

Would be nice to think it was an error but it was  a conscious decision to use that "wrong" spelling as a marketing ploy.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Would be nice to think it was an error but it was  a conscious decision to use that "wrong" spelling as a marketing ploy.

... and so here we are talking about Scott's; traditional porridge oats of the highest quality that creates Scott's distinctive taste and texture.

Crafty f***ers.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

... and so here we are talking about Scott's; traditional porridge oats of the highest quality that creates Scott's distinctive taste and texture.

Crafty f***ers.

And it only took 140 odd years to pay off!  

If you do a shite in your works toilet and it leaves skidmarks, do you clean the toilet bowl or simply flush and leave it?

Only reason I ask is that I have done a shite almost every day in here for the last 15 years and not once have I ever thought to clean my skidmarks off the bowl, but we've had signs put up in the toilets now specifically telling us to do so. It made me wonder if I've been a horrible, smelly, ignorant b*****d this whole time or if I'm quite correct leaving my skidmarks to be cleaned by the person paid to clean? P&B decides. 

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If you do a shite in your works toilet and it leaves skidmarks, do you clean the toilet bowl or simply flush and leave it?

Only reason I ask is that I have done a shite almost every day in here for the last 15 years and not once have I ever thought to clean my skidmarks off the bowl, but we've had signs put up in the toilets now specifically telling us to do so. It made me wonder if I've been a horrible, smelly, ignorant b*****d this whole time or if I'm quite correct leaving my skidmarks to be cleaned by the person paid to clean? P&B decides. 

Disgusting behaviour, no surprise though, coming from you.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Depends. If there's a toilet brush I give it a quick once over . If there's not I leave it. Weirdly some of the cubicles here have them and some don't. 

Leaving yer skids for others to clean is Tory behaviour

Are we talking above the water line or below?

Top tip.
After you've emptied the freezer, it can be safely defrosted and cleaned in an hour by using a fan heater or hair drier(use with common sense), no knives, screwdrivers or chisels required.
Switch it back on and start using it within a few hours.
I use a steam stripper

Er, aye, you clean your own skidmarks with the bog brush. If there isn't one, that's on the company. Not sure what you'd be expected to do in that case anyway; it's not like at Eton where they just grab the nearest oik and shove their head down the toilet.

According to a mate.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Shouldn't matter.

It does. Whilst both are rank, the degree of rankness above the waterline is significantly more. The ones below the water line will clean off of their own accord over time, whereas as above will simply bake on. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

It does. Whilst both are rank, the degree of rankness above the waterline is significantly more. The ones below the water line will clean off of their own accord over time, whereas as above will simply bake on. 

When it comes to cleaning, fair enough.

However... regardless of how easy it is to eventually get them off, leaving a clean bog for others should be standard procedure.  I can't vouch for the water in your area, but in most places it starts off transparent.  Therefore, from a visual perspective, there is no difference between above or below the waterline.

On a tangent, has anyone here mustered up the courage to use a bidet?  I have not as I don't trust myself not to get water all over my clothes, unless taking your clothes off from below the waistline is standard procedure, which is obviously OFTW territory.  My dad's house used to have one and I had many a 'Crocodile Dundee moment' wondering wtf the wee sink was for.

Eta: for avoidance of doubt, nobody should be leaving skids in the bidet.

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

On a tangent, has anyone here mustered up the courage to use a bidet?  I have not as I don't trust myself not to get water all over my clothes, unless taking your clothes off from below the waistline is standard procedure, which is obviously OFTW territory.  My dad's house used to have one and I had many a 'Crocodile Dundee moment' wondering wtf the wee sink was for.

Eta: for avoidance of doubt, nobody should be leaving skids in the bidet.

My parents used to have a place in Spain and there was a bidet, I tried it one time and missed and the water went all over my boxers and shorts that were at my ankles, never again.