Quick Question Thread

Just now, johnnydun said:

Seriously? I love the sound of that. Much?

The one I'm going to is £120 I think, upto 6 of you for an hour. Half hour is £80, upto 4 of you. They must be differing size rooms. 

Just now, Derry Alli said:

The one I'm going to is £120 I think, upto 6 of you for an hour. Half hour is £80, upto 4 of you. They must be differing size rooms. 

Superb.

If there's not one in Dundee, fancy starting a business together?

Just now, johnnydun said:

Superb.

If there's not one in Dundee, fancy starting a business together?

It is something that could be looked at, the perfect place is on Riverside under the railway - seeing as they won't allow a nightclub there. <_<

7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It is something that could be looked at, the perfect place is on Riverside under the railway - seeing as they won't allow a nightclub there. <_<

I am pipe dreaming of start up ideas, because I want to go out on my own. This seems like a low cost start up. And who doesn't like smashing the shit out of things?

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Colin McGowan would help you start that up on spare ground where NDP is.

I'd comment but he'd probably have his heavies round in the middle of the night for a "conversation"

On 21/05/2023 at 09:36, Derry Alli said:

Escape rooms : Are they worth it?

I'm booking into a Wreck It in Aberdeen and theres an Escape room set up a couple doors down so I might make a full day of it - I see theres a few in Dundee too so I might hold off and do it another week. The hardest one has a record of 20mins and you've got 60mins to escape. 

I'm a bit apprehensive that I pay £50 a head and walk out 20mins later as its aimed at raging simpletons.

Scott and his pals went to one in Glasgow. Took them 35 minutes, and cost £18 a skull.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

I have a phobia of being drowned in junk mail!

I'm struggling to think of any benefits to being included on it.

6 hours ago, BTFD said:

I have a phobia of being drowned in junk mail!

I'm struggling to think of any benefits to being included on it.

Gold level service when you're called for Jury duty

You get an extra biscuit. 

Anyone ever been in the position where they've traded a vehicle in and then received a fine for the vehicle you used to own? This just happened to me, Tyne tunnels are the mob chasing me for money, even though I've provided evidence I traded the vehicle in, it seems the dealer have not put the change of vehicle through until a week or two after. I've contacted the dealer to sort it and sent an appeal to Tyne tunnels, who say I need to get a letter from the DVLA to them prior to the 14th of June or the appeal is cancelled and the DVLA's automated phone line say I need to write to them about this and it can take 6 weeks to respond. Basically an impossible deadline. 

Now I'm a reasonable person, who's taken the appropriate action and it seems no one gives a f**k. Getting pretty angry now, tempted to drive through to the dealers and have a go at them tbh. 

I'm also tempted just to leave it until court actions appears, but tbh I've too much going on in my life for that sort of aggro right now. 

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom on such matters?

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Anyone ever been in the position where they've traded a vehicle in and then received a fine for the vehicle you used to own? This just happened to me, Tyne tunnels are the mob chasing me for money, even though I've provided evidence I traded the vehicle in, it seems the dealer have not put the change of vehicle through until a week or two after. I've contacted the dealer to sort it and sent an appeal to Tyne tunnels, who say I need to get a letter from the DVLA to them prior to the 14th of June or the appeal is cancelled and the DVLA's automated phone line say I need to write to them about this and it can take 6 weeks to respond. Basically an impossible deadline. 

Now I'm a reasonable person, who's taken the appropriate action and it seems no one gives a f**k. Getting pretty angry now, tempted to drive through to the dealers and have a go at them tbh. 

I'm also tempted just to leave it until court actions appears, but tbh I've too much going on in my life for that sort of aggro right now. 

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom on such matters?

Happens all the time with things like car tax fines where the vehicle has been sold but the relevant form hasn't been sent to the DVLA. Advice is usually "that it's up to the owner to inform DVLA of the change of ownership and you've got a fine so nae luck". 

I suppose you could always take the risk of waiting until they take you to court for non-payment..  

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

tempted to drive through to the dealers and have a go at them tbh. 

I'd do that, it's clearly their fault, how much is the fine? If it's not huge they might just hand it over to get rid of you.

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Happens all the time with things like car tax fines where the vehicle has been sold but the relevant form hasn't been sent to the DVLA. Advice is usually "that it's up to the owner to inform DVLA of the change of ownership and you've got a fine so nae luck". 

I suppose you could always take the risk of waiting until they take you to court for non-payment..  

See, I watched the guy fill out the paperwork to transfer it over so I don't know why the delay. If I get taken to court that's alright, I'm not paying it regardless. Been told I can be stubborn at times. 

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd do that, it's clearly their fault, how much is the fine? If it's not huge they might just hand it over to get rid of you.

Only £30, I ended up phoning the "Business Development Manager" yesterday, ready to have a bit of a go at him, but he seemed rather apologetic and said not to worry about it he'll either figure out who it was or they'll pay it. The person I spoke to before about it was the guy who sold me the car and probably just didn't care about sorting it. Shocked etc... 

7 minutes ago, thistledo said:

See, I watched the guy fill out the paperwork to transfer it over so I don't know why the delay. If I get taken to court that's alright, I'm not paying it regardless. Been told I can be stubborn at times. 

Only £30, I ended up phoning the "Business Development Manager" yesterday, ready to have a bit of a go at him, but he seemed rather apologetic and said not to worry about it he'll either figure out who it was or they'll pay it. The person I spoke to before about it was the guy who sold me the car and probably just didn't care about sorting it. Shocked etc... 

Wouldn't it be easier all around to pay the fine and then get the money back from the dealer as they've already said they'll pay?  

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Wouldn't it be easier all around to pay the fine and then get the money back from the dealer as they've already said they'll pay?  

If only it was that simple. Trying to get money off the dealer after would be like getting blood out a stone.