Quick Question Thread

18 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I want to start watching a series with my son on either disney plus or netflix.

He loved stranger things but i didnt get in to it and ended up sitting through all seasons of it just for him.

Can anyone recommend something? I dont want to start watching something that is shit in case he likes it and i dont again 😄 

He is only 10 but dont mind a bit of horror

Have you tried The Umbrella Academy?

20 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

He loved stranger things but i didnt get in to it and ended up sitting through all seasons of it just for him.

Can anyone recommend something? I dont want to start watching something that is shit in case he likes it and i dont again 😄 

^^^ my team Falkirk 

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Why are S, M & L charged the same for clothes but not for things like drinks at McDonald's?

People need clothes for public decency purposes.

They do not require a large McDonalds milkshake for public decency purposes. In fact, all fast food outlets should be banned.

22 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Cobra Kai on Netflix.

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Why are S, M & L charged the same for clothes but not for things like drinks at McDonald's?

It's just the packaging. You have to fill clothes up yourself and it's volume that costs money, not surface area. That's why a swimming pool costs more than a tree. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Why is a Brand A top in L the same size as a Brand B top in M?

Ah I see you've recently bought a Macron shirt? Where normally you'd order L or XL but with Macron its XXXXXXXXXXXXL.

12 hours ago, Swarley said:

Ah I see you've recently bought a Macron shirt? Where normally you'd order L or XL but with Macron its XXXXXXXXXXXXL.

Can't remember the make, anyway 

I was at a Blyth Spartans game last year and enquired in the shop about replica shirts. Preferably older stock, I just wanted a souvenir. Bloke welcomed and warned they'd had issues with sizing, so had them all relabeled. He looked me up , down and across then guessed I'd be a 7 (seven) XL. I told him to stick it up his arse but he told me not to feel too bad as he was a 5xl.

Needless to say the cheeky c***s got f**k all 

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Where's the best place to park for the SEC? 

If you don’t mind paying the Hyrdo car park is good in my limited experience. Got out no problem but pay in advance after parking instead of queuing at the pay station when you get back to the car. 

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers Ruggy. 

And now another question...

Re mobile phones for kids....

Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent phone for an 8 year old?

The obvious questions are what are you looking for? Is the kid going to play games and distract themselves on it? Is there a program/app that the kids will just have to have? Are particular parental controls required of desired? Limited phone with a few preset numbers it can call, or whole hog?

There’s plenty of niche simplified or inexpensive devices, or there’s a full on regular phone, perhaps a previous generation or two. I’d also look into a brand/type that has a case like an Ottorbox Defender type…plastic case with silicon grappling surfaces/protection and a screen protector (integrated or separate). Some devices/phones don’t work well with or have rugged cases, you want a good case because it will get dropped.