Quick Question Thread

13 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Go for the Skinhead 0 and join the Johnnydun's of this world.

The wife intervened. As we took mum out for lunch yesterday I wasn't allowed to "go about looking like you're about to chib somebody". So I got the long haired option of a 1 all over. 

Next time I'm going all Kojak. 

Does this....

Storage: 512 GB

SSD storage capacity (GB): 512

Storage type: SSD

Memory: 16 GB

Memory Type: DDR4

Model: Victus 16-E0038NA

Processor speed: 3.2 GHz

Processor brand: AMD

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Graphics card memory type: GDDR6

Processor: Ryzen 7 5800H

Seem like good specs for a laptop around £800? For Football Manager and coding via python use.

Unsure but think it is, and cant find many better cheaper.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does this....

Seem like good specs for a laptop around £800? For Football Manager and coding via python use.

Unsure but think it is, and cant find many better cheaper.out of 5, with some concerns, it’s average and more workstation computer. For mild gaming, it’ll be fine.

PCMag gives 3 of 5:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/hp-victus-16

Tom’s Guide gives it 3.5 of 5:

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/hp-victus-16-review

On the other hand, Tektechy likes the Victus for Python:

https://tektechy.com/best-laptop-for-python-programming/

On the whole, if you don’t break the weak hinges and have headphones, seems like it’s pretty decent for those needs.

Edited by TxRover

On 02/05/2023 at 14:49, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Why can something be wee and heavy at the same time? This surely defies the laws of physics.

Next someone will be saying a tonne of feathers and a tonne of steel weigh the same.

I'm small and heavy.....

On 02/05/2023 at 18:52, The_Kincardine said:

Went to The Emirates with my youngest, her pal from Primary and her Arsenal-supporting auld man yesterday evening.  Great game for the neutral but a cruel way for Arsenal to go out.  

A couple of rows in front of us sat a family - maw, paw and two weans - in the green and grey hoops with the young ones being FKWs.

Driving back to leafy South Bucks, the Gooner dad and I agreed it was odd behaviour whilst the lassies thought it was ok to wear your team's colours at any game you like.

So, my QQ is:  If you went to a UWCL match in London would you wear your team's replica jersey or would you just be normal?

You don’t think it’s a bit odd as a Rangers fan to criticise what kids wear to a women’s champions league semi final clash?

You haven’t been to Ibrox recently then? 😂 

Edited by Molotov

51 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Keep talking…

Premium-rate phone lines aren't what they used to be.

According to a mate.

On 04/05/2023 at 07:19, scottsdad said:

The wife intervened. As we took mum out for lunch yesterday I wasn't allowed to "go about looking like you're about to chib somebody". So I got the long haired option of a 1 all over. 

Next time I'm going all Kojak. 

@Rugster

Trying to waste less food so have come round to the idea of making soup with veg that would otherwise go in the bin. 

Problem is the veg left over every week varies so struggling to find a consistent flavouring, are there any spices or herbs anyone would recommend (on top of stock and salt and pepper obvs) to make it not too bland?

I have an immersion blender so texture isn't an issue. 

22 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Trying to waste less food so have come round to the idea of making soup with veg that would otherwise go in the bin. 

Problem is the veg left over every week varies so struggling to find a consistent flavouring, are there any spices or herbs anyone would recommend (on top of stock and salt and pepper obvs) to make it not too bland?

Cumin is your friend. Maybe a small amount of chilli powder. 

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:
25 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Cumin is your friend. Maybe a small amount of chilli powder. 

Liberal amount of paprika for colour if needed and some smoked paprika as well.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Knorr Stock Pots are good, they're strong so 1 per 900ml is a good ratio.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Fennel seeds go well with most vegetables.