Quick Question Thread

Anyone got hotel recommendations for Manchester city centre,I have been on loads of websites but can't make my mind up so some first hand experience would be a great help.

I heard Canal St is nice.wink wink nudge nudge.

Well?

I've no idea, to be honest. I was more laughing at you earlier just asking about a generic product before asking about flares specifically.

I would imagine that if customs open the package it'll be confiscated. They don't open every package though - if it's discretely packaged and done so in a way not to attract attention then there's a chance it'll get through without them opening it.

I've no idea, to be honest. I was more laughing at you earlier just asking about a generic product before asking about flares specifically.

I would imagine that if customs open the package it'll be confiscated. They don't open every package though - if it's discretely packaged and done so in a way not to attract attention then there's a chance it'll get through without them opening it.

If I was more sober at the time I would have sent a link to a more explosive device that would have sent me down for about 13 year never mind asking about legal importation. Flares are as one legal in the country I'm sure?

Is Newcastle decent for a one-off night out and can anyone recommend a decent place to stay there?

Alternatively anyone recommend somewhere a bit different (not Glasgow or Edinburgh) that is not too far away driving for a Sat night out and a nights shaggin (kip) somewhere? For the weekend of 20th November.

Is Newcastle decent for a one-off night out and can anyone recommend a decent place to stay there?

Alternatively anyone recommend somewhere a bit different (not Glasgow or Edinburgh) that is not too far away driving for a Sat night out and a nights shaggin (kip) somewhere? For the weekend of 20th November.

Newcastle is a good night out, would recommend it. I’d start in Jesmond, quite a studenty area, lots of uni eye candy and happy hour deals (you forget about them living in Scotland) about there, then head into town, (3 stops on Metro from West Jesmond to Central)- the Quayside is probably the nicest area , Collingwood St has a few decent bars, the Bigg Market/ Newgate St / the Gate area is a bit more rough and ready but it’s not too bad.

There’s a bunch of wee 3* B&Bs on Osborne Road in Jesmond, all much of a muchness that would probably do you for the sake of getting your head down and a fry-up in the morning, or there’s the usual Premier Inn / Holiday Inn etc. suspects in the centre of town.

Does anyone know of any pubs in Stirling which will be showing the Haye-Harrison fight on Saturday night?

I'd be surprised if Sportsters aren't showing it. Morrisons next to Fubar normally has all the sport on as well.

Edited by Paco

Anyone got hotel recommendations for Manchester city centre,I have been on loads of websites but can't make my mind up so some first hand experience would be a great help.

Me and my mates stayed here last weekend and it only cost us £65 a head for 2 nights, room only. No problems with it and it's central.

I'm pretty moist with anticipation of Goldenneye being released on Friday and after seeing the adverts, it appears that you have to play the game with the "xbox" type controller that the Wii has. I've two questions. First one, I bought a Gamecube controller to play some old N64 games that I downloaded on my Wii so will that work with the game. Second one, is the "xbox" type controller a wireless controller?

You dont.