Quick Question Thread

Is there a time limit in England to buy drink like here in Scotland (10pm)?

As far as I remember (although it's been a while), there is a time limit, but I'm buggered if I can remember what it is. There are, however, 24 hour off licences, but it always used to be the case that you'd have to buy in bulk, rather like wholesale, although by bulk, it meant a minimum of two cases. I'm not entirely sure what the situation is now, but there are still off licences that do this and even ones that deliver. You can get a drink at the football there, too. *sigh*

As far as I remember (although it's been a while), there is a time limit, but I'm buggered if I can remember what it is. There are, however, 24 hour off licences, but it always used to be the case that you'd have to buy in bulk, rather like wholesale, although by bulk, it meant a minimum of two cases. I'm not entirely sure what the situation is now, but there are still off licences that do this and even ones that deliver. You can get a drink at the football there, too. *sigh*

Apparently you can get a bottle of beer in the concourse at Stoke for £2.50. Have to say for a football ground that ain't bad. I don't think me or Kev will make it to the seats! :lol:

No limits on amount purchased. Most supermarkets that had 24 hours licences would only ever use them on fridays, they would usually just serve you up until closing time (usually midnight). Otherwise it's 11pm (or it was five years ago).

Edited by Breaking Decency

I was able to get some beers in an Oddbins in Bristol about a year ago when it was after 10pm. Think my brother-in-law mentioned something about a midnight licence on weekends.

I'm fairly sure that you used to be able to buy alcohol until 11pm in Peckhams on Glassford Street.

I'm fairly sure that you used to be able to buy alcohol until 11pm in Peckhams on Glassford Street.

Aye not anymore though, I was told 1030 by my brother and then when I mentioned it to my friend he protested so much that we had a look in when we passed it. It's 10pm now as well sad.gif

I'm planning a day trip to Newcastle on Saturday to take in the Newcastle v Everton game so tonight i've been on-line looking for the cheapest way to travel. I've found a megabus that'll be £10 which is cool and a train back for £17 now my questions are this.

Why do they charge £17 for this train and £67 for most of the others? also what are the chances of this price still being available on Thursday when I'll have the money to pay for this?

I'm planning a day trip to Newcastle on Saturday to take in the Newcastle v Everton game so tonight i've been on-line looking for the cheapest way to travel. I've found a megabus that'll be £10 which is cool and a train back for £17 now my questions are this.

Why do they charge £17 for this train and £67 for most of the others? also what are the chances of this price still being available on Thursday when I'll have the money to pay for this?

I think they're legally obliged to offer so many advance tickets (which I'm assuming the £17 is), but make it as difficult as possible to find. They can be available anytime from 3 months before travel to the day of travel, but sometimes only for a day or so. The Megabus prices go up as well. Try to borrow the money and buy them both now.

Hiya folks, I've already whored this out on the Uni thread, but if anyone else could take two minutes to fill in this very quick survey it'd be a great help.

The only pre-requisite is that you put money (however little or large) on the football most weeks.

Thanks,

Dunc

Filled it out.

You should post the survey in the Gambling Forum as well.

There are a certain amount of advance tickets for most train services. Those tickets have not yet been used up for that service.

I think they're legally obliged to offer so many advance tickets (which I'm assuming the £17 is), but make it as difficult as possible to find. They can be available anytime from 3 months before travel to the day of travel, but sometimes only for a day or so. The Megabus prices go up as well. Try to borrow the money and buy them both now.

Cheers, I'll just take my chances not one for borrowing money.

Ok, someone on my facebook has just stated "I have 28 scarves, guess what I don't want for Christmas!" What witty answer can I give? There must be one, I can't quite get it out though.

AIDS

Ok, someone on my facebook has just stated "I have 28 scarves, guess what I don't want for Christmas!" What witty answer can I give? There must be one, I can't quite get it out though.

If they are a Rangers fan and have 28 scarves..............Administration?