Quick Question Thread

It's Halloween on Saturday but in Kilmarnock it is on Friday as falls on the last Friday of the month for some bizarre reason. This means that it sometimes falls almost a week out of sync with proper Halloween. (people say it's something to do with it not being a school night but no-one is sure) .

I was wondering, is Kilmarnock the only place to change the date of events to suit now forgotten reasons?

(cue it's Halloween every day in Kilmarnock type posts).

So it's the 31st on Friday in Kilmarnock?

Something more coherent today:

I have to go to Edinburgh on Wednesday

Is it better (read: cheaper) to get a train ticket (from Queen Street) online beforehand or can I just get one when I go to the station?

Get off at Haymarket. Always get off at Haymarket.

I remember a massive thread about this before but I still find it bizarre that people are happy to steal from rail companies when they wouldn't just walk into a shop and steal food/clothes.

Most people don't steal food/clothes for fear of getting caught, not because of some moral dilemma.

Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?

What if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes? Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime?

Suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?

Jesus didn't need a truckload of bread.

Are you saying that what Our Lord did isn't good enough for you, huh? :angry:

So it's the 31st on Friday in Kilmarnock?

No. It's the 30th, (although it would be cool if we technically lived in the future). But no matter the date, Kilmarnock always has and always will hold Halloween on the last Friday of the month. It's fairly normal to me now but when mentioned to a non Kilmarnock person it sounds utterly bizarre.

No. It's the 30th, (although it would be cool if we technically lived in the future). But no matter the date, Kilmarnock always has and always will hold Halloween on the last Friday of the month. It's fairly normal to me now but when mentioned to a non Kilmarnock person it sounds utterly bizarre.

You can't just go about changing dates like that. Mods, please.