Quick Question Thread

How do posties get into blocks of flats?

Given that I spend most days lying in bed hungover I can vouch for the fact that they don't buzz the door, and it would surely be impractical to have a spare key for each of the dozens of blocks of flats that a postie delivers to

Obvious reference to the fact I went to a Catholic school.

Reported.

Suggesting that smelling of soup would be so normal as to go unnoticed at a non rc school.

Broth based bigotry of the worst order

Reported

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Service button. Opens the door when pressed between certain times.

Excellent if you don't like someone who lives in a block of flats. You can shit on their doorstep and the postie gets the blame

Don't know how it works now since I no longer live in a flat #SoMoney :P but at the time the mail arrives these days I don't know how they get in with those buttons. They used to only work before 9am I think and the Royal Mail are a bunch of lazy barstewards lucky to deliver before noon nowadays (cost savings as opposed to being lazy actually).

Yeah the ones around here work until 11. You also find quite often the security entrances are lying open anyway from either being wedged open or the door doesn't swing far enough back when it shuts. There are two blocks of flats in Ayr where the security button doesn't work at all. Have no idea how they get their mail.

If I watched one half of a match at Dalbeattie, and then traveled up the road to Castle Douglas for the second half at Threave Rovers, would that allow them both to be 'ticked off' in a socially approved fashion, or do you null a trip altogether if you don't see all 90 mins of a match (perhaps even missing the 46th minute because of a pie queue)?

Discuss... (bearing in mind that Aberdeen to Dumfriesshire isn't a mere afternoon jaunt)

If I watched one half of a match at Dalbeattie, and then traveled up the road to Castle Douglas for the second half at Threave Rovers, would that allow them both to be 'ticked off' in a socially approved fashion, or do you null a trip altogether if you don't see all 90 mins of a match (perhaps even missing the 46th minute because of a pie queue)?

Discuss... (bearing in mind that Aberdeen to Dumfriesshire isn't a mere afternoon jaunt)

That would put you in the golden anorak category,

We're getting an insight here into why you're so good at the name that toon/behind you threads.

We're getting an insight here into why you're so good at the name that toon/behind you threads.

I haven't been to the Maracana, sadly. Watching a game at every SPFL & Highland league ground (+ Gala to stupidly kick off the LL) has indeed helped with NTT though. ;)

Been to Dalbeattie plenty of times tbh, but driving past the grounds is never enough.

Edited by Hedgecutter

The American version of Oldboy is on tonight, I haven't seen either that or the Korean one. Should I wait until I can find the Korean or just pop my Oldboy cherry with the American?

Do not watch the American.

DO NOT WATCH THE AMERICAN.

I'm getting mixed signals from you. Should I watch the American?

I'll try to be more specific. You see the American? THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Srsly, the US version will spoil the plot of the Korean, which is superior in the same way as lavvie paper is to stinging nettles.