Quick Question Thread

Anyone know if you can park on perth high street next to the centre?

Assuming you mean the shopping centre....

There's a few on street spaces further along, but it there are bus stops and taxi ranks right outside. Best bet is the matalan car park for cheapness or Scott street car park for being right next door to an entrance to the centre.

iPhone 6 128gb, unlocked.

I'm looking to buy - there's some on eBay £400 - £500 buy it now.

There's are others (I counted seven then stopped looking) that have been bid up to near/over £1k.

What the fûcks going on?

Why do you want one?

Googlemaps is very helpful with traffic information. It has 4 coloured bands to show density of traffic. Obviously around the Kincardine Bridge on Friday, it was showing 10 miles of red.

How does it get this information?

The blue Trafficmaster speed sensors that you see at the side of roads collate information about traffic speed and congestion to a central office. They are a private company so presumably Google pays them to use their data.

These things:

post-25521-0-75176500-1449398470_thumb.j

Googlemaps is very helpful with traffic information. It has 4 coloured bands to show density of traffic. Obviously around the Kincardine Bridge on Friday, it was showing 10 miles of red.

How does it get this information?

Deeman's explanation makes sense, but I think they also get data through the GPS on car navigation systems. An average speed can be established by aggregating all the cars travelling in the same direction on the same road.

Edited by lichtgilphead

If I'm wanting to go from Edinburgh up north onto the A9 - is my best bet to go to Stirling first then onwards to Perth where i would join at the roundabout near the stadium/tesco's? Or would i cross the Kincardine bridge?

Take the M9 to the Kincardine Bridge junction, but cross the Clackmannan Bridge and take the Kinross & Perth road from there.

Quicker than going out to Stirling and sitting in average speed cams all the way to Perth.

Wouldnt have thought that before hand - i haven't crossed the Kincardine bridge before but it will be a fun detour

If I'm wanting to go from Edinburgh up north onto the A9 - is my best bet to go to Stirling first then onwards to Perth where i would join at the roundabout near the stadium/tesco's? Or would i cross the Kincardine bridge?

Tesco's what?

Tesco's what?

Auto correct, but I'm pretty sure the Stirling road takes you near that big roundabout , you would go right to get to Edinburgh from there and left if you were going up north. Not sure if the Kincardine bridge route would eventually take me to that roundabout in Perth or if it would lead me somewhere on to the M90. Im quite excited about taking a different route though.