Quick Question Thread

Do people use the security pins on their phones? I've never 'protected' my phone as its a pain in the bum putting in a security code every time I want to make a call. Also not sure how it would work with the hands free in the car.

Galaxy s5 phones (and I assume later) also recognise your fingerprints which makes it a bit easier to access your phone, unless you've had all your fingers chopped off. 

Wish I'd put a security pin before I took my phone to Barcelona. Got mugged and while I accepted the fact that I had lost my brand-new phone - I didn't know I'd also lose about £200 from the p***k phoning the Nothern Marianas Islands repeatedly (at £15+VAT per phone call) until such time as I could cancel my SIM card. Lesson learned. 

I made a bet with a friend that I couldn't study in my own time and sit a Higher exam and get an A. What would be the easiest Higher to get an A in? It can't be English, Maths, Geography, Chemistry or Physics. I'm rubbish at Art and languages

Opened this thread on the page of this post, and couldn't help noticing that nobody (as far as I could see) had suggested Higher Politics. That's your free pass to a guaranteed A. Should be considerably easier than some of the others mentioned. 

For what it's worth, I'd say History is your second best bet and Modern Studies your third, but Politics is the safest - and easiest - option. The essay questions are basically repeated year upon year. No coursework beyond the NABs either, as far as I'm aware.  

Galaxy s5 phones (and I assume later) also recognise your fingerprints which makes it a bit easier to access your phone, unless you've had all your fingers chopped off.

Wish I'd put a security pin before I took my phone to Barcelona. Got mugged and while I accepted the fact that I had lost my brand-new phone - I didn't know I'd also lose about £200 from the p***k phoning the Nothern Marianas Islands repeatedly (at £15+VAT per phone call) until such time as I could cancel my SIM card. Lesson learned.

Has anybody ever been to Barcelona and not had something stolen?

My brother had his nabbed and Vodafone found some way of making sure he picked up the £2000 bill which was rung up instead of them.

Has anybody ever been to Barcelona and not had something stolen?

Aye but i always seemed to get done in Madrid.Best one was around 6 in the morning id been drinking all day/night came out of a club and was checking my phone,boy grabbed my phone off me i grabbed it back he then pulled a flick knife and opened it i handed my phone back to him and said gracias

Edited by doulikefish

In my place of work, the gents toilets don't have urinals but have four cubicles. My question is, if you're only going for a pish should you shut the door? Although it's perfectly normal to stand at a urinal with others around, it just seems odd to me to be standing doing a pish in the toilet with the door open.

I know this is the type of etiquette conundrum P&B thrives on so tell me your thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

In my place of work, the gents toilets don't have urinals but have four cubicles. My question is, if you're only going for a pish should you shut the door? Although it's perfectly normal to stand at a urinal with others around, it just seems odd to me to be standing doing a pish in the toilet with the door open.

I know this is the type of etiquette conundrum P&B thrives on so tell me your thoughts on the matter.

Door open

Who cares; either will do.

I guarantee you that someone's going to accuse you of wanting to be watched, however   :P

Opened this thread on the page of this post, and couldn't help noticing that nobody (as far as I could see) had suggested Higher Politics. That's your free pass to a guaranteed A. Should be considerably easier than some of the others mentioned.

For what it's worth, I'd say History is your second best bet and Modern Studies your third, but Politics is the safest - and easiest - option. The essay questions are basically repeated year upon year. No coursework beyond the NABs either, as far as I'm aware.

There is now a politics coursework element, an assignment worth 1/3 of the overall grade Edited by Redhead81

There is now a politics coursework element, an assignment worth 1/3 of the overall grade

Ah, I remember hearing that changes were in the offing, but wasn't sure what they contained or whether they'd been enacted. Thanks for correcting. 

Ah, I remember hearing that changes were in the offing, but wasn't sure what they contained or whether they'd been enacted. Thanks for correcting.

No worries :) think most of the highers encompass some form of assignment/coursework now. Edited by Redhead81

I shut and lock the door. I find leaving the door open odd.

I normally just close it behind me. Nobody wants to watch me pish, and I'm in no danger of being jumped by ninjas, so I normally don't feel vulnerable enough to remember to lock the door.

Frankly, if somebody wanted to watch me pish, I might let them get on with it if they were polite. Somebody that desperate surely deserves a little sympathy.

Trousers and underwear pulled down round your ankles and door open.

Come on Rowy, you know the rules.

Don't make me have to grass to the mods.

Grimbo

Seriously I've had three kids. It's not a pretty sight having your tits and toes side by side.

Seriously I've had three kids. It's not a pretty sight having your tits and toes side by side.

Unless you throw in your ears to the equation