Quick Question Thread

Why does the Tripadvisor owl logo have different coloured eyes?

Never noticed til now. Seems a wrong way round of nav lights - red/port/left and green/starboard/right.

There's a milky bar for anyone who can work out why they're the wrong way round though!

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Never noticed til now. Seems a wrong way round of nav lights - red/port/left and green/starboard/right.

There's a milky bar for anyone who can work out why they're the wrong way round though!

Cause it is looking at you?

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Further to the amusing incident in the retail park yesterday with the police in hot pursuit of a young miscreant, lets say the wee chav was close enough for me to trip him up or otherwise halt his progress... What would the policeman be looking for from me, if anything?

Has he been in touch? Assisting the flight of a fugitive by failure to aid an officer of the law in pursuit of his duty. 

P.S. You'll be sadly missed.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Further to the amusing incident in the retail park yesterday with the police in hot pursuit of a young miscreant, lets say the wee chav was close enough for me to trip him up or otherwise halt his progress... What would the policeman be looking for from me, if anything?

You sound close enough to get stabbed.

You take this boy, he gets caught, goes to court, you're there as a witness, his mental family stab the f**k out you after. I assume that's what would happen. The police can catch their own criminals, they get stab proof vests.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You trip him up.  He falls, smashing his head on the kerb and dies.  Young Bairnado is sent down for manslaughter.  Poor Mrs Bairnado and the Bairnettes are left destitute.

The great and the good of P&B do their best to console Mrs Bairnado during this very difficult time.

Why is there a disproportionate amount of Rangers-supporting truckers? 

I hear you, was thinking this last week. A marching, drumming 24hr *** bigot friend of mine posted on FB about the green brigades display v linfield. I replied why is it the bigots on one side are most vocal in condemning the bigots on the other side?

I got a fair bit of stick from his friends and when I clicked their names to see who the f**k was abusing me, the majority were truckers. Even driving on the roads you notice the insides of the cabs, if they're decorated, it's normally with RFC stuff.

52 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I hear you, was thinking this last week. A marching, drumming 24hr *** bigot friend of mine posted on FB about the green brigades display v linfield. I replied why is it the bigots on one side are most vocal in condemning the bigots on the other side?

I got a fair bit of stick from his friends and when I clicked their names to see who the f**k was abusing me, the majority were truckers. Even driving on the roads you notice the insides of the cabs, if they're decorated, it's normally with RFC stuff.

It's probably the lack of access to DAB. They must listen to lots of radio phone-ins and get progressively stupider and more right wing. If they are not already follow followers they soon will be. 

48 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Messy one, if you managed to grab him safely and the cops could arrest him its a big win and you'd likely get a nice wee letter and a paper medal. There is statutory allowance for coming to the aid of a constable.

According to 'Macdonald 5th Edition p197' when making an arrest a constable 'may command the assistance of bystanders'. Ive no idea how that might work nowadays but im pretty sure it'd be hard to get people to put their mobile phones down and help.

emoji83.png

I'd need to know what the person running away had done before intervening. If he was clutching a handbag I'd probably trip him up on spec. I'd like to think I'd help if a cop was getting beaten up.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Why would you be friends with someone like that?