Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

What about the owls, we need to know what their thoughts are on this matter. f**k throbbergate, this is the real hot topic this weekend. (Wish this World Cup would hurry up and bloody start).

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Maybe owls consider themselves to be big bats?

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I appreciate many approach this forum with a degree of levity, but all I really want to know is that birds and bats get on. 

Female cricket thread for this pish.

I appreciate many approach this forum with a degree of levity, but all I really want to know is that birds and bats get on. 
A quick Google search shows that some bars eat small songbirds as they migrate at night
https://amp.livescience.com/4358-bats-feed-migrating-birds-night.html

Sent from my F5321 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I think birds view bats like most people view orange walks. They tolerate them because they are there but think they are a bunch of arseholes. 

That's just given me a great idea. Have the Orange walks at night - then they won't get in the way of normal people.

45 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

As some who works nigh shifts that is a bad idea. A field far away like near Chernobyl is a better idea

Sent from my F5321 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Nice and quiet for them around that power station in Fukushima too. They might even evolve into humans, given time.

Edited by welshbairn

I had a conversation with a bat quite recently on this very topic. Unfortunately I don’t understand bats when they talk so I’ve no idea what he said.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I remember being taught something at school that was referred to as "the birds and the bees" although it wasn't really about either of them.

"The birds and the bats?"

Sounds like a variation that I don't really want to know about.

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I had a conversation with a bat quite recently on this very topic. Unfortunately I don’t understand bats when they talk so I’ve no idea what he said.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

It would probably be easier to communicate with mammalian bats than birds who evolved from dinosaurs. All birds talk about is when a big fucking rock is going to drop on Earth again. You might need to lower the frequency (Kenneth) when you listen to bat gossip.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It would probably be easier to communicate with mammalian bats than birds who evolved from dinosaurs. All birds talk about is when a big fucking rock is going to drop on Earth again. You might need to lower the frequency (Kenneth) when you listen to bat gossip.

I'm not 100% sure the bat understood me either tbh.  

On 6/8/2018 at 22:47, itzdrk said:

How many times did Dryhorce say the world ended?  I've tried to find it via the search but it's no there. 

Pretty sure it was six. Someone used to have it in their signature.

How on Earth did that come up in the first place?

What’s the deal with they Volkswagen Data Plugs? Got marketed to me at the turn of the year as having an £80 price tag but offered to me for free, and I got one just to measure journey details and my driving “score”

Get the motor in for a service today and they ask me at every juncture if I want one despite already having one, and I think they REPLACED it!

What in heck are they up to?

On 6/10/2018 at 00:06, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Pretty sure it was six. Someone used to have it in their signature.

How on Earth did that come up in the first place?

I'd initially assumed he was conflating it with mass extinctions, of which there have been five with a sixth currently underway.

Then I found out he also didn't think gravity was a thing, so he probably did actually think the world had ended six times.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What's happened to those rather ridiculous sprays they used to use in big football matches to keep the wall 10 yards back at free kicks?

Nothing. They're still used.

Was on the overnight ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick on Monday night and the return ferry from Lerwick to Aberdeen on Wednesday night, but have felt crap and still like I’m on the boat since Monday.

Having tried turning up the heating full blast and rolled down the windows with no success, does anyone have any tips on getting their equilibrium to be normal again??

Guest Moomintroll
Was on the overnight ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick on Monday night and the return ferry from Lerwick to Aberdeen on Wednesday night, but have felt crap and still like I’m on the boat since Monday.

Having tried turning up the heating full blast and rolled down the windows with no success, does anyone have any tips on getting their equilibrium to be normal again??
Get very drunk, your equilibrium will still be fucked but you wont care.

Poppers. Dont know how or why it works, but poppers.