Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

I thought about doing it before as one day the women did piss me off n kinda thought f**k you.
However that passed until I noticed today he trimmed his side of the hedge and not mine.

Main concern is the wall collapsing as the breeze blocks are in no good nick

Usually a communal hedge is maintained by both neighbours, if the wall is on the next door neighbours property then it will be up to them to take care of that themselves.

It would be best to consult a solicitor as I have mentioned to outline the exact boundary of the properties.

59 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A picture tomoro I will take

you're hoping for some sort of jedi intervention to sort matters out ?

maybe you could wave a hedge-trimmer at the thing in the manner of a lightsabre, saying "now young leylandii - you will die..." ?

Best angle I am getting at for it 20180622_105439.thumb.jpg.7edb3e0d69b5997fbd50ab56b4ffc637.jpg

And yes the grass I'm getting rid of for fake grass. The joys of a North facing back garden. No an awful lot of sunshine .

Could you beat this neighbour in a fight?

49 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Best angle I am getting at for it 20180622_105439.thumb.jpg.7edb3e0d69b5997fbd50ab56b4ffc637.jpg

And yes the grass I'm getting rid of for fake grass. The joys of a North facing back garden. No an awful lot of sunshine .

I'm not a bricklayer, but if the hedge wasn't there that would blow down in a strong wind.

IMO Every couple of meters there should be a pier(?) doubling the thickness of blocks to give it strength.

have the whole hedge down to the top of the breeze blocks, get  yerself an alsatian, jack the shed up and raise it permanently on substantial wooden supports, stick a searchlight on the top and - hey presto - colditz/guantanamo in your back garden - next door won't f**k with you then for fear of internment

no real need for a machine gun in the "guard tower" IMO - that's just be stupid....

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
I'm not a bricklayer, but if the hedge wasn't there that would blow down in a strong wind.
IMO Every couple of meters there should be a pier(?)* doubling the thickness of blocks to give it strength.

That I understand however since I've been her slowly the wall ( shite wall) is slowly cracking. How does one maintain this ? My neighbours garden is higher up ( steps goes u. At there side of the hedge they have a fence with all the weight of the hedge in my garden

*Buttress

A few neighbours have had a similar problem and the only solution was to tear it down and rebuild.

Not what you want to hear, however there was no other option.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Now if I was to take the wall down and rebuild I think I'd want to take the hedge down also. I know the reason for the hedge was for privacy for my neighbours which is fine however since I don't want the hedge should they fix my wall or am I just being a dick about this ?

I am also worried about if the wall does decide to collapse what damage this will create on my property.

I just don't know what the likelihood of this wall actually collapsing is

As I said last night, you need to check with a solicitor who owns what and this will define your responsibilities.

The wall is probably cracking due to movement caused by the hedge roots.

its a relatively wee wall tbf. Might take out a cat or a small dog but that’s it. 

Whip it down and suggest putting up a low fence on the provision he keeps all the hedge trimmed.

I know you were all wondering how I got on.
The neighbour trimmed my hedge n made it all pretty and for the wall he will pay for a new one.
The wall I didn't ask for him to pay for it ( shat it ) however he said he will speak to someone who he knows is a bricklayer. So one presumes it's either going to be a new ane or not but he did say he would pay for it. ( dinna worry about it mate will get it sorted ).

So shall see what happens however he did trim meh bush.

Teckle
Do you think he might mean someyhing different by "get it sorted"?

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm unsure. Potentially but shall wait n see. His wife didnae seem involved so its been a pretty good outcome so far today .

Might celebrate with a can of fanta lemon

I know in general Accies fans and Dundee fans don't get along bit if you need me to come up to Dundee and knock your neebor out then just say the word.