Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

@Fullerene 

Redundancy after X years with MI6. The Official Secrets Act forbids me to divulge any details.

Yes I can see that and before that Y years with MI5 which I can't ask about either. 

However I did spot a 6 week gap in between the two jobs where you do not appear to have been doing anything.  What is that all about?  Makes me wonder about your work commitment.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What is the point of tv vicars like Richard Coles and the midget wifie one?

Ok youre on the telly but why are they always in the vicar gear? Do they think they’re promoting the church and vicar shite?

Baffling.

The late great Reverend Frank Campbell was a linesman in the East of Scotland League and a minister in the Borders. I'm sure he used to turn up to games in his dog collar.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
22 minutes ago, throbber said:
Is it too early in the year to buy a geranium?

Stunned if this doesn't turn out that you have wildly misunderstood what a geranium is......

I’m meaning for my garden to bring a bit of colour to it as I’m aware b and q is open.

17 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What is the point of tv vicars like Richard Coles and the midget wifie one?

Ok youre on the telly but why are they always in the vicar gear? Do they think they’re promoting the church and vicar shite?

Baffling.

Was listening to Richard Coles in some programme and when doing his vicar application he got pulled up (easy now) as he was the first ever applicant to tick the yes box where it asked if you’ve ever taken drugs. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Was listening to Richard Coles in some programme and when doing his vicar application he got pulled up (easy now) as he was the first ever applicant to tick the yes box where it asked if you’ve ever taken drugs. 

My old Aunty Mary met Richard Coles during his Communards phase and said he was a bit of an arsehole even then. 

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My old Aunty Mary met Richard Coles during his Communards phase and said he was a bit of an arsehole even then. 

I had a great aunt Mary and she was the scariest woman I ever met. Lived in Berwick and had a one eyed son called Jimmy. 

12 hours ago, Rugster said:

I had a great aunt Mary and she was the scariest woman I ever met. Lived in Berwick and had a one eyed son called Jimmy. 

Shame you phrased it that way. If you'd said she had a son with one eye called Jimmy, we could have asked what the other eye was called.

On second thoughts, maybe just as well.

What's the longest time for a pish you've ever had? 

I clocked one last night at around the minute mark but there have definitely been much, much longer pishes in the past. One in particular arriving outside Tynecastle on a supporters bus must have in hindsight lasted 3-4 minutes. Which sounds a bit scary. 

Dundee had Gretna at Hampden and I was in a car (I can't pish in front of folk) and took a wrong turn. Ended up going over speed bumps etc somewhere. Had to run into Asda (?) near the ground and it was both the most painful and longest running pish I've ever endured. Never again, I'd rather just pish myself.