Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Tonight I bought a lottery ticket for the first time ever.

How long does it normally take before you win? Three or four draws?

If you are referring to the Jackpot then on average it is about 5 million years.

HTH

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

If you are referring to the Jackpot then on average it is about 5 million years.

HTH

Hmm. If only I could afford to buy more tickets.

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

One can only dream.  If you won the Jackpot you could buy as many tickets as you like.

I  hadn't even thought of that!  :o

Fully intend to spread the wealth once I've racked up a few billion in winnings. Figure I'll be able to knock 10% off everybody's season tickets. You're welcome.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Given that this would be about six months for Alloa, that's about right.

36 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Given that this would be about six months for Alloa, that's about right.

tumblr_inline_mvuciwG0UF1rhignx.gif

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when I've spent £6,000 a week to bring Kevin Kyle out of retirement.

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I was messing on Google maps and Looking at Shuna, I noticed these in the sea. What are they??

Anyone know? these is about 6 or 7 groups of them.

Salmon farms: 

Bit disappointing. Was hoping for the annual convention of those giant Japanese jellyfish.

15 hours ago, BFTD said:

I prefer to play the "Set for Life" draw and the Euromillions. The Set for Life draw gives you £10K a month for the next 30 years, which I know is only £3 million quid but it really appeals to me - much less likely to piss your entire fortune up the wall when it's coming in £10K increments. The Euromillions I play for sheer ridiculousness (£80 million it was the other night). Not more likely to win either of these but I find them more exciting than your standard national lottery fare. You also get a "millionaire maker" code with your Euromillions ticket, so it's basically two chances at money for the price of one. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I prefer to play the "Set for Life" draw and the Euromillions. The Set for Life draw gives you £10K a month for the next 30 years, which I know is only £3 million quid but it really appeals to me - much less likely to piss your entire fortune up the wall when it's coming in £10K increments. The Euromillions I play for sheer ridiculousness (£80 million it was the other night). Not more likely to win either of these but I find them more exciting than your standard national lottery fare. You also get a "millionaire maker" code with your Euromillions ticket, so it's basically two chances at money for the price of one. 

I went for Thunderball, as (I understand) you get a better chance of winning for a reduced top prize of only (only!) £500,000, and the second prize is also better. The main lottery draw seems very much all or nothing; considering how unlikely it would be to get five numbers, you'd hope for more than a little over a grand.

All these terms I've heard but never knew anything about. I used to sell the tickets and scratchcards, FFS. Always a laugh when someone asked me for advice!

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I was messing on Google maps and Looking at Shuna, I noticed these in the sea. What are they??
image.thumb.png.33b56d1aba8b7ed999442a3a854fff70.pngimage.png.96a6e60b7fe852a6c6e71b7e68827118.pngimage.png.1fe99e24c4cd26a9d63a39291ccd2387.pngimage.png.1aba235ca453b92ff12b72ce434f87c5.png

Anyone know? these is about 6 or 7 groups of them.

Fish pens/fish farming.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The change they made to the main lotto draw was fucking stupid. Pretty much goes weeks without anyone getting six numbers before going to that draw where they have to drip the money down through the levels. 

You have to imagine that someone has worked out that it will actually cost them less in the long run than the previous system.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Euromillions draws 5 numbers and 2 stars. For 4 numbers and 2 stars you get about £900. I think I'd be too physically ill to bother claiming it.

I got 3 numbers and 2 stars and got £35. The odds of a return that good are still thousand to one I’m sure.

On two occasions since I've started doing Euromillions last year I've twice won less than the £2.50 price of the ticket (£2 and £2.30 respectively) and once won £3. I expect I'll win big soon and occasionally post on this cesspool of a site from my yacht in the Maldives 

Edited by Bert Raccoon