Quick Question Thread

DAB's wealth daydream is remarkable similar to mine, even down to the ringfenced sum of cash that the club could only use the interest from. Worrying.

Disappointing lack of investment in the field of perambulation, however.

18 hours ago, 101 said:

This was my thinking

But as soon as you sleep in them they will be creased so what's the point?

Isn't that like saying there is no point making the bed anyway when you get up each morning as you'll be messing it up that night?

16 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
18 hours ago, hk blues said:
Pillowcases and duvets yes, sheets no as nobody can see them.

Who's getting a look at your pillowcases and duvet cover that isn't shortly getting a look at the sheets?

I like a tidy house and a tidy bed is part of that.  

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

T20 is good to watch when it's all about getting runs. It's games that last days that bore me to tears. Probably ok to watch on a summers day with a pint mind you.

T20 is entertaining, but it's not real cricket. Test match cricket is the pinnacle of sport. I love spending a few days at a test match every couple of summers.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd sort out houses (i.e. buy them) for selected family and friends as well as clearing their debts. Would chuck in a car for them too and open a savings account for their kids with a substantial sum, but one of those ones where the kid can't touch it until they are 18. 

I know exactly who would be included in the above. I have a mental list (two guys on here make it!).

Would invest at East End but with conditions. The first is that it I wouldn't ever be named, unlike that dick at Partick who got a stand named after himself. In fact the second condition would be to have the main stand renamed The Bert Paton stand, with an official opening ceremony for the man. The next condition would be that certain friends and their kids get free season tickets for life. The next condition would be that all under 16s get free season tickets.

I'd also get a couple of standing areas built in the ground (NW and Norrie), as well as getting all the maintenance done. Then I'd hire folk to freshen it up with new paint. The seats in the Norrie, North and Cowden stands would be replaced with black, white and red ones.

Depending on the sum I won I'd see about getting a proper training facility done. I wouldn't be on the board though or dictating how they spend the lump sum I give them. However my final condition is that they keep a separate lump sum in a savings account that they cannot withdraw a single penny of without my saying so. That means that if a manager blows a budget for the season then tough fucking luck. The board can find a way to give him more, or not. This sum is only to be used in emergencies to pay staff (ALL staff, not just players) and keep the club going in case of some mad emergency. The COVID stuff is a great example. I would have made funds available to pay everyone and help the club meet costs. I'd get the club a nice coach for away games. I'd get the supporters club a couple as well. I would never use them mind but would be good for fans to travel in more comfort.

I'd travel so much. I'd go to the all place I probably won't ever get to see. Top of the list are places like Svalbard, Greenland, New Zealand, Hawaii, Canada, Faroe Islands, Iceland, St Helena, Peru, Chile and Alaska. I would though go to so many more places.

I'd get a house. A modest one, not some mad mansion with 18 rooms. I want to own a house but almost certainly never will, so that would be nice. In fact I'll probably never even live in a house again. Having a garden would be a mad luxury to me. 

I'd have a home gym so I get work on fitness. I'd explore Scotland loads. I'd get a decent van, load it up with a bike, and just go wherever I fancied any time I wanted and would stop wherever I fancied. It would be absolutely incredible.

I'd learn languages. I'd learn the guitar and drums. I'd play video games. I'd read more. I'd take history courses online.

I've thought about this before, usually when sitting at bored beyond belief and often when I'm lying in bed trying to fend off the thoughts of frustration and helplessness and how I'm wasting/have wasted my life over having to work. It helps relaxes my mind and I enjoy the fantasy.

^^^ pillow case full of ching and high class hookers. Massive gold ring with his name on it

Edited by madwullie

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd sort out houses (i.e. buy them) for selected family and friends as well as clearing their debts. Would chuck in a car for them too and open a savings account for their kids with a substantial sum, but one of those ones where the kid can't touch it until they are 18. 

I know exactly who would be included in the above. I have a mental list (two guys on here make it!).

Thanks very much, don't  waste money on a football club though, split that between me and the other person on here. Better still just me.

Football clubs are a money pit. However much you put in will never be enough and any false progress gained will be lost when you stop.

Thanks again, I haven't charged you for this advice.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Isn't that like saying there is no point making the bed anyway when you get up each morning as you'll be messing it up that night?

Nah because making your bed takes 2 seconds unless you have a commercial sheet press ironing duvets would take ages.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Nah because making your bed takes 2 seconds unless you have a commercial sheet press ironing duvets would take ages.

Not really, you fold it in half and run the iron over it - It doesn't have to be perfect.

A wee tip for you - you iron it before you put the duvet in it! 

Edited by hk blues

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Thanks very much, don't  waste money on a football club though, split that between me and the other person on here. Better still just me.

Football clubs are a money pit. However much you put in will never be enough and any false progress gained will be lost when you stop.

And sometimes you have to kill another club just to make ends meet, eh Sarge?

10 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

And sometimes you have to kill another club just to make ends meet, eh Sarge?

You can only do what you think is right at the time.

One thing I did learn. If anyone asks you to get involved in the non-playing side of a football club...DON'T!

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You can only do what you think is right at the time.

One thing I did learn. If anyone asks you to get involved in the non-playing side of a football club...DON'T!

And now you can't live with the guilt. Classic.

Since we're talking about money I've often wondered what would happen if you're caught being quite a big drug dealer and in the course of the operation a proceeds of crime is used against you and they want all your profits back. They can't take your cars though, or your houses because you haven't spent it on that - you've spent all the money you make on paying off other people's debts so all these folk are now debt free. 

Would the powers that be chase them for the cash and plunge them into debt again or what? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Since we're talking about money I've often wondered what would happen if you're caught being quite a big drug dealer and in the course of the operation a proceeds of crime is used against you and they want all your profits back. They can't take your cars though, or your houses because you haven't spent it on that - you've spent all the money you make on paying off other people's debts so all these folk are now debt free. 

Would the powers that be chase them for the cash and plunge them into debt again or what? 

Is this one of those asking for a friend type question?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I wouldn't be constantly pouring cash in to the club. It would be a one time payment and only if the conditions were met. If they blew it and came asking for more I'd take out a Pars lifeline membership and fire them £20 a month and maybe buy an extra 50/50 ticket every game.

Used to work with a woman and her idea if she hit the jackpot in regards to family was that she would give them a decent amount every year, enough to live comfortably but not enough that they could survive the year if they splurged it all away. Thought that was a good way of doing it. There are more than a few in my family who could quite easily blow a 6 figure windfall in a ridiculously short period of time. One close relation would definitely be one of those who 'forget where they come from' if they came into money as well - they do their best to act that wat just now tbh.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I wouldn't be constantly pouring cash in to the club. It would be a one time payment and only if the conditions were met. If they blew it and came asking for more I'd take out a Pars lifeline membership and fire them £20 a month and maybe buy an extra 50/50 ticket every game.

They would be back, nothing is surer. Emotional blackmail is football's first and last option.