Quick Question Thread

£123 million eh?

A nice castle somewhere, some fierce hounds to keep spongers away, probably gift some struggling duffers a new stadium, some hookers and Ching and still have change for a pint in the Grassmarket.

I bought a premium bond for a friend's new daughter.  £25 which gives you a monthly draw where you can win up to £1 million and you can cash in your bonds at any time without penalty.

It saves me the hassle of having to ask what to get her for birthday and Christmas for next 21 years.

Going to be buying some for myself as getting the £500 for redeploying into a care home last March as so many staff were off with Covid.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

£123 million eh?

A nice castle somewhere, some fierce hounds to keep spongers away, probably gift some struggling duffers a new stadium, some hookers and Ching and still have change for a pint in the Grassmarket.

But would you keep running the nuclear plant?

If you won the Euromillions (or similar), what would you do? I'd need a series of time consuming pursuits to keep me from very quickly killing myself from over indulgence, which is basically the situation already and I'm not even a millionaire.

Edited by Sweet Pete

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

If you won the Euromillions (or similar), what would you do? I'd need a series of time consuming pursuits to keep me from very quickly killing myself from over indulgence, which is basically the situation already and I'm not even a millionaire.

You could expect to see a serious overhaul of the Platinum section.

Also a new stand at the Recs to replace the gazebo, and covering for the railway end. And extra funding for youth development.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

No, that is oddball behaviour, IMO.

This was my thinking

36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Pillowcases and duvets yes, sheets no as nobody can see them.

But as soon as you sleep in them they will be creased so what's the point?

My in laws iron everything. Including socks, underpants, curtains, mattress protectors, the fucking lot. They'd iron the carpets if they could. I think it's just to keep them occupied, the doddering old c***s. The auld fella even irons his dust sheets that he keeps in the garage for DIY.

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

£123m I'd keep the £23m and set up a course of events which would see humanity eat itself in a bloodbath of people trying to win cash prizes. I'd enjoy spending the £23m but I'd enjoy giving away the £100m a hell of a lot more. 

As a teenager, I started washing my own clothes when my maw was out to stop her from ironing everything. Pants, jeans, you name it.

We actually had arguments over it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

£123m I'd keep the £23m and set up a course of events which would see humanity eat itself in a bloodbath of people trying to win cash prizes. I'd enjoy spending the £23m but I'd enjoy giving away the £100m a hell of a lot more. 

Everyone else can keep their answers. This cun'ts won it.