Quick Question Thread

Anything. Probably be lunch though.
Fish - The Wee Restaurant, North Queensferry.
Indian - Apricot, Carnegie Drive Dunfermline. (get the lamb choilla starter)
Chinese - slim pickings for some reason. Maybe the Peony Inn, Dalgety Bay.
Standard plain fayre - the City Hotel, Dunfermline.
Soup & Sandwich - Cafe Wynd, Cross Wynd.
Pancakes, Burgers, Brunch - The Pancake Place, Kingsgate Centre.
Posh nosh - Davar House, Grieve Street or Garvock House, Tolmont Crescent.
Gastropub/bar - Fabric, Canmore Street.
Burgers - Monterrey Jack's, New Row.
Italian - Incontri, Bruce Street.
Sushi/Japanese - Koku Shi, Carnegie Drive.
Fish & Chips - Hook & Catch, Turnstone Road.

Can't go far wrong with any of those.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Fish - The Wee Restaurant, North Queensferry.
Indian - Apricot, Carnegie Drive Dunfermline. (get the lamb choilla starter)
Chinese - slim pickings for some reason. Maybe the Peony Inn, Dalgety Bay.
Standard plain fayre - the City Hotel, Dunfermline.
Soup & Sandwich - Cafe Wynd, Cross Wynd.
Pancakes, Burgers, Brunch - The Pancake Place, Kingsgate Centre.
Posh nosh - Davar House, Grieve Street or Garvock House, Tolmont Crescent.
Gastropub/bar - Fabric, Canmore Street.
Burgers - Monterrey Jack's, New Row.
Italian - Incontri, Bruce Street.
Sushi/Japanese - Koku Shi, Carnegie Drive.
Fish & Chips - Hook & Catch, Turnstone Road.

Can't go far wrong with any of those.

Drifting off topic.

Simons Kitchen in the Bay is now Oriental Express and it's fucking ruined.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Posh nosh

I hope you are directing him to the one in Kirkcaldy Indoor market

But more seriously Fife has some excellent places for scran all the above are decent,if you want to go further afield into Fife then these are good

The Cellar, Anstruther

The Peat Inn, St Andrews

Drifting off topic.
Simons Kitchen in the Bay is now Oriental Express and it's fucking ruined.
They seem to be taking over a fair few local places. To be fair, Dunfermline has a few decent Chinese takeaways but nothing in terms or sit in restaurants. Not since Blossoms closed yonks ago (I don't count the Easten Buffets - also now closed - although the buffet in Glenrothes is decent enough).

You know when an insurance ad is on, or even a supermarket sale ad, they always have a small print that whatever the product isn't available in Northern Ireland. Why is that? And what do they have in NI instead? Do they have special Ulster only insurance companies? And different supermarket deals?

29 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

You know when an insurance ad is on, or even a supermarket sale ad, they always have a small print that whatever the product isn't available in Northern Ireland. Why is that? And what do they have in NI instead? Do they have special Ulster only insurance companies? And different supermarket deals?

You pay the lads in balaclavas to stop your building burning down.

Started getting emails that were previously sent straight to the spam/trash folder showing in my main inbox.  It's the usual anonymous crud where i've apparently been lucky enough to get to sample new i-phones, x-boxes, etc, with a view to keeping them as well as "winning" Asda/Tesco vouchers.  They are immediately deleted in batches, without opening them, by me every so often.

Although they are still immediately deleted by me, it's annoying that they've started coming into my main inbox.

Any advice on how to get them either automatically binned when they come in, or kept away from the inbox without opening ??

Cheers,

The Luddite

Because that backwards shithole of a country doesn't deserve nice things.

Started getting emails that were previously sent straight to the spam/trash folder showing in my main inbox.  It's the usual anonymous crud where i've apparently been lucky enough to get to sample new i-phones, x-boxes, etc, with a view to keeping them as well as "winning" Asda/Tesco vouchers.  They are immediately deleted in batches, without opening them, by me every so often.
Although they are still immediately deleted by me, it's annoying that they've started coming into my main inbox.
Any advice on how to get them either automatically binned when they come in, or kept away from the inbox without opening ??
Cheers,
The Luddite

You should be able to “mark as spam” then anything from that address will go straight to spam folder.

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

You should be able to “mark as spam” then anything from that address will go straight to spam folder.

Thanks.  Next one that comes in, i'll try that.  I'm careful not to open or try and read any of this guff, so will give it a go.

cheers

4 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Thanks.  Next one that comes in, i'll try that.  I'm careful not to open or try and read any of this guff, so will give it a go.

cheers

You might not have to open it to mark it as spam.  I use Gmail for instance, and at the main list, you can click a wee square to highlight that email, and then select spam from the options at the top.

18 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Cheers,

The Luddite

You should be able to delete in your Inbox without opening them.  I'm on MS Outlook and a right click allows me to delete without opening, also allows me to mark as Spam.  I will say though that marking as spam hasn't always worked, same as marking spam emails as not spam rarely works.

Proper old school you can set up a rule that any emails from that address get filed straight in the bin without opening. 

That might only be in the outlook app tho - bot sure about Gmail webmail