Quick Question Thread

Why do people carry every single bank card/membership card/business cards etc in their wallet at all times? A trip to the shop doesn’t require your blood donor card or your NI card. It just makes it a pain in the arse if you lose it/gets stolen rather than just storing it away securely in the house, ready for when it’s actually needed.

1 minute ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Why do people carry every single bank card/membership card/business cards etc in their wallet at all times? A trip to the shop doesn’t require your blood donor card or your NI card. It just makes it a pain in the arse if you lose it/gets stolen rather than just storing it away securely in the house, ready for when it’s actually needed.

Presumably because it's not a big deal to have an extra 20g in their wallet, and not everybody wants to sits down before every trip out and decide which of the dozen or so cards they absolutely, definitely aren't going to need.

17 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Presumably because it's not a big deal to have an extra 20g in their wallet, and not everybody wants to sits down before every trip out and decide which of the dozen or so cards they absolutely, definitely aren't going to need.

Would be if the cops stopped you.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone recommend any flooring shops in the Falkirk and surrounding area?  Probably wooden flooring i'm after but maybe some vinyl type aswell. 

McKissocks in Dunfermline are good for vinyl and other stuff. They cover Edinburgh so should be happy to travel over your way.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone recommend any flooring shops in the Falkirk and surrounding area?  Probably wooden flooring i'm after but maybe some vinyl type aswell. 

Vinyl?  Really?  When I moved in to my current flat 10 years back I had the b'room and shower room floors done in linoleum from Kirkaldy and I believe the factory is still going.

Needing an upgrade now but it's been an excellent floor covering.

13 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

McKissocks in Dunfermline are good for vinyl and other stuff.

Third Base on Chapel St was pretty good for it as well.  Think I bought my first CD from there.

Edited by Hedgecutter

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

13 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

McKissocks in Dunfermline are good for vinyl and other stuff. They cover Edinburgh so should be happy to travel over your way.

Has Edinburgh put vinyl down, how very working class?

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Vinyl?  Really?  When I moved in to my current flat 10 years back I had the b'room and shower room floors done in linoleum from Kirkaldy and I believe the factory is still going.

Needing an upgrade now but it's been an excellent floor covering.

A Roman & only one? We don't sell Romans sir.

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Is anyone else weirded out by 4K TV?

Could be a TV setting you need to fix. I got a new TV last week, plugged my Skybox in and it was horrendous. Had to turn of things like “auto motion” and make sure to change the settings on the sky box to 2160.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

How long after someone is buried does it become socially acceptable to dig them up for archaeological interest?

This is a question I can never get an answer for from archaeologists.

Was it an expensive ring?

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How long after someone is buried does it become socially acceptable to dig them up for archaeological interest?

Have the grave diggers gone?

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

If they dug up Great Uncle Alexander from his quiet grave in Flanders after 103 years I might be a bit annoyed because there's a direct connection with my granny whom I knew personally. 

I would guess maybe 150-200 years as there's enough distance for it not to matter so much. On the other hand they made a bit of a fuss about digging up Dickie the Third not so long ago.