Quick Question Thread

Anybody know the general etiquette for back to back two hour time slot bookings in the same pub? Places will differ In sure but don’t know if it’s generally just a case of walking out and walking back in, or whether we’ll be told to bolt when our cunning and dastardly plan is revealed?
We ended up doing this under different names from our group in a couple of pubs last weekend, first one didn't really care as it was quiet anyway, second one were quite arsey about it until they realised that the slot was already booked so nobody else was going to take it and we'd probably spent more than most other groups of 4 were likely to so eventually just let us get on with it.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Anybody know the general etiquette for back to back two hour time slot bookings in the same pub? Places will differ In sure but don’t know if it’s generally just a case of walking out and walking back in, or whether we’ll be told to bolt when our cunning and dastardly plan is revealed?

Turn your t-shirt/shirt/jumper/etc inside out for the second booking.

54 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

That is true. It was mainly for the visuals, but I concede you have bested me with facts.

Boy, I hope someone got fired for that blunder!

My stupid sister is coming up from London in 2 weeks and wants to go for something to eat in Perth or somewhere in Fife. She’s staying in South Queensferry.

Any recommendations? 
 (Apart from pretending not to be in)

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My stupid sister is coming up from London in 2 weeks and wants to go for something to eat in Perth or somewhere in Fife. She’s staying in South Queensferry.

Any recommendations? 

Stephen's drive through.

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Any recommendations? 

Which type of cuisine?

Anything. Probably be lunch though.

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Any recommendations? 

Wait a minute..

"Sister"

You know the rules. Pics... :lol:

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Any recommendations? 

https://www.jackobryans.com/

Not cheap! Good though, and you can go for a stroll through Pitencrieff Park and see some peacocks (not euph).

Or during the day..

https://cooriehotel.com/

There’s a pub just along from It too where you can sit out and gaze across the Forth, being thankful you don’t live over in that bit.