Quick Question Thread

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If you buy something from ebay using the checkout as guest option rather than with an actual account, are you still protected if the wrong thing turns up or if it doesn't turn up at all? @BFTD?

Yeah, you're still protected under the Distance Selling Regulations. Any seller with a decent rating on eBay won't even question it much these days, as eBay have bent over backwards to protect buyers. The Wild West days are long gone.

As far as the process for making the claim against an eBay seller, I genuinely have no idea, but I'd be amazed if it isn't similar to the process for registered users, which is pretty straightforward these days.

Is this any help? https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/returning-items-bought-guest?id=4065

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, you're still protected under the Distance Selling Regulations. Any seller with a decent rating on eBay won't even question it much these days, as eBay have bent over backwards to protect buyers. The Wild West days are long gone.

As far as the process for making the claim against an eBay seller, I genuinely have no idea, but I'd be amazed if it isn't similar to the process for registered users, which is pretty straightforward these days.

Is this any help? https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/returning-items-bought-guest?id=4065

This seems to inspire confidence

(16971 )
99.8% Positive Feedback

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This seems to inspire confidence

(16971 )
99.8% Positive Feedback

I'm pretty intolerant when buying on eBay these days - when somebody's feedback starts slipping below 99.6%, I'm going to assume there's a chance of being dicked about and it's not worth the arseache.

99.8% from that much feedback = Good Guy.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What was it?  Unless I recieve confirmation otherwise I am assuming it was a massive dildo or a clockwork vagina or something else weird.

It's a model of a GT3 Nissan GT-R from the 2015 Blancpain Endurance Series.

I buy my dildos direct from the manufacturer. 

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What was it?  Unless I recieve confirmation otherwise I am assuming it was a massive dildo or a clockwork vagina or something else weird.

I'd be interested in seeing that remake 

image.gif.b46c3e9388fdd403fc4d5b4595f01f1b.gif

Does the annoying* noise that starts and finishes pretty much every Scottish country dance song have a specific name?  If so, what is it?

*unless you've been forced to dance at a ceilidh, in which case the end one is the most welcome noise in the world.

Edited by Hedgecutter

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Does the annoying* noise that starts and finishes pretty much every Scottish country dance song have a specific name?  If so, what is it?

Robbie Shepherd orgasming

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

@Tynierose when you said Thorongil was a new poster, were you being disingenuous? 

Er no,  I suggest you go out a nice long walk, listen to a podcast and chill instead of fretting over the identies of posters on an anoymous footbal website.   Have a great day. 

Just now, Tynierose said:

Er no,  I suggest you go out a nice long walk, listen to a podcast and chill instead of fretting over the identies of posters on an anoymous footbal website.   Have a great day. 

Bugger that, its too hot out & I am looking forward to the football & slightly bemused & fascinated as to how the Kiwis are going to pick the best attack to hammer India given the salient fact the possibles have just ripped England to shreds.

You have to admit that yer man is Pepped up to his eyeballs, I know many people share the same beliefs but I do find his inadvertent tribute act funny.

I'm in a good place Tynie, there is no danger that I will go off on one like I did previously but I might wind up Sandy McGlashan for the sport of it.